To day I was a bad boy

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Q45, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Q45

Q45 New Member

I have a confession to make today I was playing with my new Scout slingshot in my apartment and had a little accident I broke one of the windows due to a marbles that ricochet so I quickly ran outside and grab the branch off of a tree and told the landlord the branch broke the window so I wouldn't have to pay for it so do anyone have any good blueprints for BB shooters lol

Sent from my SGH-M919N using Slingshot Forum mobile app

2. Q45

Q45 New Member

Attached Files:

3. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

4. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

The last "branch" I had go through a window left an amazingly round hole.

5. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Excellent use of 'plausible deniability,' makes me very proud!!

6. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

Well... the honorable thing would have been to take over full responsibility.

You may have saved some cash, but in fact you sold off your honor for cheap. A man can't possibly always play by the rules. But he must take responsibility if he damages another man's property.

It isn't too late. My advise is to meet the landlord, confess, promise to pay for the damage and then ask for forgiveness.

Do it now. Don't wait.

7. beaverIII73

beaverIII73 Junior Member

Well said Joerg. I put a bolt through one of my windows in the house I'm renting and told my landlord and I said I would pay for it. He thanked me for my honesty. It was only a small hole in the outer pain of glass. So we said it could wait. The next week he was mowing the yard and put a rock through the same window it go all the way through but it cracked the outside pain some more. He called me later that day and said he would pay for it. Honesty is the best policy.

8. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

Honesty is always the best policy.

I know Perry over at A Plus slingshots makes a great BB shooter, I have one and really enjoy it. As far as blueprints do one goes, find any blueprint for any slingshot you like and scale it down. Withak made a great Moorhammer BB shooter.

9. Longwei2012

Longwei2012 New Member

I think there's a real kick in playing in your appartment. Who knows... Will something expensive be smashed today? XD
    As for the landlord. You don't have to say exactly what happened, just an accident. But if you would get into trouble because he's an unreasonable person, better not say and not play in the house again.

10. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

Well what would you say if your tenant told you they broke the window with a crossbow? I can't say I've ever experienced it but I imagine it would be intimidating

11. Longwei2012

Longwei2012 New Member

Yeah, just say it was a cork from a winebottle or something else. If you feel you must intimidate him... Say it was the barfight dominator

12. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

+1 to all who suggested you confess. I have to say that honesty is preferable in this instance. Your character is something that only you have real control over. Better to build that character rather than give in to the 'easy' way out. It may cost you some $$, but it's a good lesson learned and will be something you can look back on with pride.

True story - something over 20 years ago, I was living in an apartment and was leaving for school one morning. As I was backing out, a cute redhead that always caught my eye did so again that morning. I was paying more attention to her than to driving. As I backed out of the covered parking area, I turned the wheel too hard and ran my car into the support, crushing a gutter downspout and damaging my car as well as my pride - that pretty little lady saw the whole thing :eek: My face was redder than her hair at that point. I knew what I had to do. Even though I knew that girl would probably never have said a word to the manager, I went straight to the apartment manager and told her what I did (no, I didn't mention the girl, she didn't need to know that part ;)). What was her response? "Don't worry about it, it happens from time to time, we'll take care of it". I left with a sense of doing the right thing and a damaged car that never did get repaired (wasn't worth the cost). Moral of the story - tell the truth and keep your eyes off the pretty ladies when you're driving :) Oh, and don't shoot slingshots indoors in a place you don't own :)

13. Jeremy

I think an important question .reds to be asked here: what happened with you and the cute red-head Withal?

14. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Funny about that. We were in a class together and chatted from time to time during class. I was working up the nerve to ask her out. The next day in class she asked if I was okay, but I just couldn't look her in the eye after that :eek:, so nothing happened. But that was just destiny because it allowed me to rather meet the woman who became my lovely wife and gave me a wonderful daughter. Go figure :)

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  15. Jeremy

Funny how thing work out.