throwing short sword

Discussion in 'Knives, Swords, and other bladed weapons' started by BrPio, Oct 13, 2013.

1. BrPio

BrPio .

This was one of my odd projects. A sword that was also made to be thrown. And with an Exorcist flair. I call it, "The sparkly demonic vampire slayer". 12in full tang walnut hilt with a simple checker pattern, 17in blade, double edge 440c steel, has a 4in serrated edge toward the hilt. Engraved on the blade in Ecclesiastical Latin, "Ecce signuum Crucis recedite inimici lucis." Behold the sign of the Cross, be gone enemies of light. And on the other side Hebrew, "Baruch atta Adonai, Elohim melech ha olam." Blessed are you my Lord, our God is king of the universe.
    P.S. I always welcome thread hijackers. They got the best cooking ideas.:)
    sword 001.jpg

sword 003.jpg

sword 004.jpg

2. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

This thing i pure effectiveness. My respect. A great piece.

3. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

For this great work and good taste, I use my "thread bumper" mask! What a fantastic job!
    I've been thinking about you and your old school forge.....have you ever tried to work on titanium?
    I have some pieces here........medical stuff. Plates, screws.....prothesis.....

4. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Very nice work BrPio. Swordmaking is like Greek to me (no offense Saderath ;)) I've watched people work with metal to form these blades and it's just amazing to watch a master at work. This is a very nicely formed piece of steel. You are a craftsman.

5. BrPio

BrPio .

Thanks for the feedback all. It's encouraging and helpful. And BV I have tried titanium but it doesn't like me. It end up brittle. So did another kind of stainless steel. I found 440c is close to HC steel so hardening and tempering is the same methods.

6. Otees

Otees Another Member

Nice!! It reminds me of corvos blade from dishonored

7. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Ehhm, Uhmm, 440c is good but not the best....Haaah! Sorry Brother Pio, just had to do it man! I put on my Wanny Halloween mask a little early;). In all actuality, I love that blade, it's like Ezio Auditore De Firenze(yes I'm a nerd) traveled forward in time and made a blade blending old and new styles. It's my favorite yet, throwing is just icing on the cake.

8. Saderath

Saderath Senior Member

Haha! :D You should try Ancient Greek!

9. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

10. dualkim

dualkim New Member

Im really wanting a sword right now..... ;D

11. Otees

Otees Another Member

Haha me too!!

12. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

You can't copy his bad mood. (Maybe if you wrap and tie your nuts with tight strap of TBG?):D
    It was funny, Dolo!

That is an amazing sword!makes me want to learn smithing!