Threaband vs tex shooter bands

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by PickleForker, Feb 10, 2014.

1. PickleForker

PickleForker New Member

I've been wondering what bands are better?

-PickleForker

2. Ghosth

Ghosth Over the hill but still swinging!

You can pick up 6 feet of Golds Gym Green heavy duty for about 8$ at any Walmart.
    Which is a whole LOT of slingshot bands for a very reasonable price.

Otherwise your looking on Ebay for Theraband Gold.

Everyone has their favorites.

Personally I guess you'd call me a lightweight. I'm 61, have nothing to prove to anyone. I'd rather shoot something I can pull easily than something I have to stress and strain at.

So I shoot Theratube Red or my Golds Gym Green and I'm happy. Your mileage may vary.

3. rock slinger

rock slinger I rarely shoot rocks!

4. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

Tex gets his latex guaranteed fresh and it shoots like a bandit. I just find the sheet sizes a lil' awkward.
    I buy McMaster- Carr latex now as I just don't care for TBG much for some reason.

5. SimpleShot

SimpleShot Everything Slingshots!

We stock the same latex as Tex and McMaster- Hygenic Corporation "Hytone".

Watch out ordering from McMaster in the summer, often if it has been warehoused in hot weather, it will arrive discolored and aged due to the heat. Also, McMaster is a bit more expensive than Simple Shot's latex and we guarantee ours fresh from the factory. Our stock is maintained in air and light proof containers and is never more than 8 weeks old from the factory.

Both Theraband and Hygenic latex are quality elastics for slingshots... it really comes down to personal preference.