THIS place

Discussion in 'About the Forum' started by BeMahoney, Feb 3, 2014.

1. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

Dear Forumtech and Jörg

Supposing this forum has been designed by the both
    of you, I feel the need to tell you HOW GOOD you did
    on this. (And of course keep doing- against all odds..)
    I had nothing to compare it to; but now I
    know and can tell how simple, comfortable and, most
    of all, generous this is. This is a great place to share
    and be shared with people.
    And due to the fact that so many outstanding
    creative, frank and Friend-ly people stay here,
    I don´t feel ashamed to confess that.

Thank you!

Be

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  2. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Well-said, Be!
    I feel the same way. Not sure why this place and its members have such a tight bond with each other, but I know that I really like it!

3. buckshot500

buckshot500 Hoonigan Jeeper

It is completely unique in these ways you speak of Be.

Certainly polite, kind folks who place sharing and generosity at the top of the list.

Thanks to Joerg, forum tech and all of the members who make me want to keep logging back on to see whats happening.

4. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

No cliques, no hassle, no 'you cant do this until you have 1million posts', no army of mods playing with everything for personal reasons......

I could go on but everyone knows this place is unique in the world of forums :)

5. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

Hey, thanks for the praise! I love this forum, too, and spend a lot of time here. May it continue to flourish, in spite of the Babas and whatnot that try to hijack it every once in a while.

6. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

You're right Will, a truly tight bond...it's like we've all been connected with wood glue (Titebond III) or epoxy - a bond that can't be broken. But let's not start THAT debate again ;)

But you're right Be - this place is unique among forums. I can't compare it to any other forum I've ever participated in because there is no comparison. Genuinely nice people, outstanding helpfulness and good-natured humor make this a fun place to step in and visit. Heck even the occasional fun with trolls and Baba spammers make for some good times. And we get to talk about slingshots too!

7. dolomite

dolomite Banned

I think its the lack of mods that make this forum what it is. I knew something was odd when I joined another forum
    and 8 people welcomed me, 6 of them were mods. I met more mods there than members. Here we have something different, one mod, one tech, many members, and one rule to guide them all...

8. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

...one rule to bind them...

9. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

...One rule to bring them all and in the darkness sling them.

-Wild Bill

10. Arturo Borquez

Arturo Borquez Administrator

I agree your statement word by word Be ! as for other related forums this is the best place to share, no annoying mods, no "... the 10 bests in the world ...", no "... that's right and that's wrong ...", no "... it's fun BUT ...", no bullying etc ... many things that poisons the mood ... on the contrary here I've found respect, support, genuine friendship, a nice friendly and healty environment ...
    cheers

11. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

That´s not what I meant to say.. This place might be comparable to
    a club concert!- Not the stadium..
    When this Baby Baby boy struck.., to be honest: I realized how fragile
    the fun is.. And that (in effect) all is provided by two people:
    Jörg and Forumtech... and for multiplying is just a click´s work, hell
    can break lose in a split second... I´m just happy with the way it is!

Be

12. FilthyRusty

FilthyRusty New Member

sorry to jump in guys but i would also like to say i have never felt more at home in any other forum and dont feel pressured into going to crazy shooting competitions like other forums so THANKYOU FOR BEING YOU EVERYBODY......i love you guys lol

13. ForumTech

ForumTech Administrator Staff Member

I'm a builder. I build homes online. Homes can be pretty, well built, but without a family it's nothing.

You guys are a family, that's why this site is so impressive. You genuinely care about sling shots and one another, nothing can mimic that, no software I could design to do that, so as you're thanking Joerg and I, I thank you.

It's my pleasure to provide tech support to such an amazing group.

14. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

I echo the statement by my friends on here. I am very thankful for the people on this forum. It is truly a unique place and one that I am very happy to be apart of.

15. Achso_42

Achso_42 Senior Member

I feel like I should say something, but all I want to say has already been posted(wich happens quite often, wich makes clear that I am not the only crazy person in the world, and that's the reason why I like being here. Actually, there's only two places I'd rather be, at the lake to go sailing or in several meetings to play music(both in real life so I can go there without having to leave this place.:)))

16. Achso_42

Achso_42 Senior Member

“Friendship is born at that moment when one man says to another: "What! You too? I thought that no one but myself . . ."”
    ― C.S. Lewis

17. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

I've read some C.S. Lewis myself (not the Chronicles of Narnia though) and I don't remember seeing this quote from him before. I like it, thanks for posting Achso.

18. Achso_42

Achso_42 Senior Member

taken from "The Four Loves".

19. PaulPawx3

PaulPawx3 Member

Even though for whatever reason I have never made an official intro, I joined less than a month ago and I have to say this has been a great experience. My name is Paul or Paul Paw, I am ok with either one and have never joined anything like this, but I am glad I did. The talent on here never fails to amaze and inspire me. I joined because I love watching Jorg's videos and I love to make things. This forum has a lot of both Jorg's videos and some of the most amazing slingshot I have ever seen. The people on here seem like you have known them your whole life and the laughs I have gotten have been great. I want to say thank you Jorg for what you have put into this and for you and everyone on the forum for sharing their gifts and talents with others. Thanks for allowing me to be a part of this great group and hello from Alabama USA.:D

20. beaverIII73

beaverIII73 Junior Member

I agree with Be and everyone else. This is such a great forum and a great and bunch of people, not to mention very talented. I fell so blessed to have found this site and to be apart of it. I hope that we all will be part of SSC for a long long time to come.