Theraband silver

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by jakobkurt32, Dec 16, 2013.

1. jakobkurt32

jakobkurt32 Member

Hey everyone!

Was just wanting to know what taper anyone has used for 10 mm steel with theraband silver??

How do you guys compare silver to gold?

I'm sorry as I did see a similar thread once upon a time. But couldn't find it...

Jakob

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  2. rock slinger

rock slinger I rarely shoot rocks!

I have been told 1.25 to 8.75 inches is good for 7/16. So a 1 inch strait cut should would perfect for your 10 mm.

3. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

I can't say about the taper for that load, but I have used TBS and I do like it. It falls between TBB and TBG for power, but for day to day shooting, I prefer it or TBB over TBG, just a personal preference. It's fast enough and strong enough for a decent load size, and it looks good too :)

4. jakobkurt32

jakobkurt32 Member

Hi guys, thanks for your help! I'm just wondering if I should get a length of silver this time instead of gold??

Withak: with the strength In between do you mean the thinner the stronger or the pull the stronger??
    Cheers
    Jakob

5. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

I prefer TBG. Iy seems a way more elastic then TB SIlver. I like TB black too, and for me, black and gold are better than Silver.

6. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

On the TB chart, the silver lands between black and gold, so the pull is stronger than black and less than gold. I've not done chrony tests with any of them, so I can't vouch for speed. But I know hitting targets with silver has been pretty impressive. If you're unsure, go to a place like Ebay where you can get a single 5' piece of the colors you want to try for a decent price and try them out. I shoot up to 1/2" steel with TBB, TBS and TBG and all have worked fine for me. I do think it's kind of a personal preference. I started with TBG and was introduced to black and silver and found I liked them all - and each has their right place and use.