thera tube rubber problems

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by roninraptor, Jul 16, 2013.

1. roninraptor

roninraptor New Member

Hi im currently building sling shot crossbow and im having problems with choosing my thera tubes . The length of the tube that are needed are 15 cm long and im wondering what the draw weight of the different coloured thera bands . Its basic construction is a mix of steel and wood. Any help with this issue or any tips or things I have to watch out for would be greatly appreciated.

2. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Here is a link from thera-band's website. There may be some info on there to help you out. Have you tried searching this forum too? It seems to me I recall seeing a thera-tube resistance chart at some point...

http://www.thera-band.com/store/products.php?ProductID=27

For quick reference, here are some of the most common colors, listed in descending order (stronger to weaker) silver, black, blue, green and red.
    Hope this helps a bit and good luck with your project.
    We always like to see pictures!

Last edited: Jul 16, 2013

3. roninraptor

roninraptor New Member

Thanks for that I found the chart u mentioned which was a great help but has sadly left me with a new question if I was to use a single 15 cm band of black thera tube which would be stretched to 45 cm which its draw weight would be 15.3 pounds if I was to use two 15cm black thera band tubes would that effectively double my draw weight ?

4. dannytsg

dannytsg Senior Member

I would say yes as you are having to use twice the force to extend twice the rubber

5. roninraptor

roninraptor New Member

Thank for th his and I will up load the pics of my sling shot cross bow when its finished