Thera Band Green? Three layered?

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Tubes, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Tubes

Tubes weird kid in the corner

We'll I'm up in notgoingtosayforprivacyreasons to visit family and I wanted to give my cousin to shoot my glossy red oak board cut with 20 mm foam balls...but all I had left was Thera band green, not gold. So I triple layered it, and found that it actually worked out pretty well. :) ImageUploadedBySlingshot Forum1388407353.754837.jpg

2. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

You can actually make some pretty fast tapers for BBs, 1/4" steel and other small ammo with the green. I like using it for ties on heavier band sets mostly though. Cool rig and nice job!

3. Tubes

Tubes weird kid in the corner

indeed, actually shoots small pebbles pretty fast.

4. Ghosth

Ghosth Over the hill but still swinging!

I have one PVC rifle type that is banded up with Golds Gym Green, instead of 2 1" pieces I used a single 2" piece and folded it at both attachment points.

Shoots great, and seems to be hanging in there with no cracks or breaks showing.

Less exposed edge = longer life?

I don't shoot it as often, mostly because it is flat bands and I don't want to have to replace those anytime soon.

5. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

I shoot the Gold's green quite a bit due to convenience. Pretty strong bands there Ghosth, what ammo for those?

6. Hrawk

Hrawk Hedonistic Decedance

Screw making flats from TB Green.

Roll that stuff up into tight tubes, full width and secure with a small ring of 2040 tubing each end and one in the middle.

Pretty amazing bands for 12mm lead when you do that!

7. Ghosth

Ghosth Over the hill but still swinging!

Ravensbull I'm shooting .45 cal lead balls exclusively. I'm guessing they'd be in the 11mm range. 12.6mm = .50 cal, my mold is .445 which would put them in 10.5-11mm range I think.

And like you it was convenient, carried by my local Walmart, under 7 dollars for a 5' length.

Hrawk I suspect you get much longer band life that way also.