The Slingshot Forums banner

The Wrench (Tremo)

5K views 25 replies 23 participants last post by  Tremoside 
#1 ·
Hi Folks,

Finally am finished with a project. Let me show you The Wrench slingshot.
The general concept is coming from my years of working in industrial area, maintenance.

It's from my 3D printed frames so SLS printing was used. PA 6 material.

My main goal beside the design overall was to create that tiny pattern detail at the grip. Without mention too much techy details it basically started with a CAD (solid) file than a pseudo print output as an STL which was reimported and recalculated as a reference file to rebuild a matching polygonal surface onto the nurbs curvature. Then a painted mask was a guide to sink back the form into the surface. Finally a density driven polygonal structure to get back a printable file size. Roughly two months of learning and experimenting.

Hope you like it :)

Tremo

Automotive design Wood Bicycle part Font Blade

Head Gesture Grey Wood Monochrome photography

Kitchen utensil Bone Wood Tool Close-up

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
What he said!

Dang, Tremo, that's sweet! I love the design. All the little details that make it look like a bonafide hand tool really gives it an awesome look. That texture on the handle reminds me of the knurled texture feel of my favorite tools. What must we do to convince you to put something like this into production so we may buy one for ourselves? Great work and great attention to detail. Nicely done.

#6 ·
Well thats awesome. Some make slingshots by hands while others spend the file for getting the experience to produce slingshots. THATS how I would invest the time if I had the knowledge and abilities you have. Looks great and you can produce more units in less timr than the first one.

#9 · (Edited)
Yeah lol... exactly my feels xD You said "Without mention too much techy details.." but that was a lie and I didnt understand half of what came after that sentence lol. :D

I cant imagine you wont put this into production, either yourself or with the help some other company(ss related or not), so I ll just ask for a price you will be offering these to us unskilled techno-plebs xD

Edit: btw I like your tool rings very much, you should make a spoke wrench(for bicycles) ring too, I would probably buy that.

#13 ·
I agree with mvd. Unfortunately there already is a design from a member of the other slingshot forum named Wrench..

But back to the topic : Tremo, your work is always so professional and impressive!
If your designs go into production, they could be a serious option to the rambone. ;)

#15 ·
HHHa I just cant stop laughing! Clean message! :D Good to see you're on top in humor!

Big WOW, Tremo! I need one of these!!!
Thank You Raul! Your comment is a great inspiration to push it forward. I'm on it!

Thanks a lot bigdh!

What he said!

Dang, Tremo, that's sweet! I love the design. All the little details that make it look like a bonafide hand tool really gives it an awesome look. That texture on the handle reminds me of the knurled texture feel of my favorite tools. What must we do to convince you to put something like this into production so we may buy one for ourselves? Great work and great attention to detail. Nicely done.
I really appreciate You like it and reminds You real life tools! Really good to hear that I managed to achieve this goal!

About production: it's a hard theme. I'm spinning a lot in daily work and need a month or two to push it forward, but will fasten my seat belts and focus on the project!

Well thats awesome. Some make slingshots by hands while others spend the file for getting the experience to produce slingshots. THATS how I would invest the time if I had the knowledge and abilities you have. Looks great and you can produce more units in less timr than the first one.
Hi Jonas! Thanks for the kind comment on my work. You're totally right. On one side develop a functional and ergonomic form in an engineering environment is a real challenge, but later it can be just fruitful. Hope I can deal with the challenge.

It's a masterpiece! How does it shoot? It's better than Milbro! You going to mass produce? I thinh you should! Well done!
Wow thanks a lot! Peter Hogan and his crew are masters of casting at Milbro. What You wrote sounds good for the first read, but comparing my work to a whole company's whole product palette is not totally correct.

Don't think Your enthusiasm is not uplifting for me! I'm very glad You like it. It's my respect for a trusted company.

Wow great work!
Thank You very much Gniaffron!

Yeah lol... exactly my feels xD You said "Without mention too much techy details.." but that was a lie and I didnt understand half of what came after that sentence lol. :D

I cant imagine you wont put this into production, either yourself or with the help some other company(ss related or not), so I ll just ask for a price you will be offering these to us unskilled techno-plebs xD

Edit: btw I like your tool rings very much, you should make a spoke wrench(for bicycles) ring too, I would probably buy that.
Hi John! Thanks for stopping by and spent some time to check my other works on the net :) really appreciate your spoke wrench idea. Hope I can follow that project!

You know I can't make a promise on mass production, but be sure am working on the design I can handle. Have a nice day my Friend!

Tremo, this is an amazing piece. You obviously spent a lot of time designing the shape before you spent a lot of time figuring out how to produce it. Well done. When does my apprenticeship start?

Darren
HA! Darren, I'm speechless on your comment. Can't tell You how good it feels. But be serious please, you're master a craftsman. :) :)

That's really cool! Great work designing that!
Hi Onnod! Really glad You like it mate! Cheers!

----------------------------------------------------

Thank You So much everyone! That inspiration and support You just gave me is really a power engine to work even harder!

Bests,
Tremo

#17 ·
I just wanted to answer Your important comments separately! Just to be correct.

Really nice.....but there is another slingshot design out there with the name "Wrench", made by Hrawk
Hi mvd,

Thank You for pointing this out! I've just checked the name coincidence and You're totally right!

Googled it, and one of the result pointed to the forum registry
Slingshot Registry Entries Tagged With Wrench

<cite class="_Zd">www.theslingshotforum.com/slingshots/tags/wrench/</cite>
... Updated · Post Date · Wrench. A Wrench by Hrawk made from Mineral... Posted By: mvd. Date: December 2, 2013 at 12:58 PM. |. Comments: 0. |. Views: 384.

Hrawks design in the forum registry. Registered by mvd.

Here's an image too.

It's my fault to miss the name check process, and really excuse me. Mea culpa. Next time I won't forget it. However it seems to me it's not a design issue. Hrawks slingshot looks different. Since I had no previous info about Hrawks design and personally I just can say Hrawk is really a name in slingshooting I can only book it as a fatal coincidence.

In conclusion: anyone who read this. Both forums members are already made thousands of slingshots! Don't forget to namecheck!

Thank You mvd to pointing this out! It's an important thing to respect each others works!

Bests,
Tremo

I agree with mvd. Unfortunately there already is a design from a member of the other slingshot forum named Wrench..

But back to the topic : Tremo, your work is always so professional and impressive!
If your designs go into production, they could be a serious option to the rambone. ;)
Hi Courier,

Beside the name question just want to say a big Thanks to You! Your words are inspiring!

Have a nice day mate,
Tremo

#19 ·
Hi Tremoside!
Really great work! Youre GOOOOOD!
Also Hrawk is a great builder!
But i have a Wrech tooo! The ReWrench!:D
Hand tool Pliers Cable Electrical wiring Needle-nose pliers

And mine is much "Wrenchier" than yours!:p:D
NAnananaahhna!

After this trolling around, please take revenge!
Lay your screen to the ground and pee on this post!

Attachments

#23 ·
If this fits so well the hand how it looks, then go into production.

If this one shoots that good how it looks, then go into production.

If you can produce it to an acceptable price, then...

Do you need more hints?

Nice job! :)

#24 ·
Hey Tremo,

LW´s right! Great job done on that one!!

You need to know that this one is just great!

And even more you need to know that the forum-crowd
curiously waits for relevant things to be posted..

.. like this truly innovative shooter! !!!!!

thanks for that!

kind regards,

Be

#25 ·
Tremo, your designs are always artistic yet undeniably manly, this one looks like a hatchet effed a crescent wrench! I would love to try one, that is, if you can reverse it for left handed shooting. It's sometimes an asspain being a lefty in a right handed world. I really believe you have a highly marketable design here, great work man!

#26 ·
Looks awesome! Like the design to.
Thank You Snader and good to see you around!

That looks awesome Tremo! Great work!
Hi FIAAO! Thanks a lot mate!

Hi Tremo,
incredible work. Realy nice shape. The dimensions are looking like that it´s a nice pocket shooter.
Is it right? Four thumbs up. (my wife is standing behind me) :)
Greetings
Peter
Slingpit my friend thanks for your question!

You know EDC and pocket-ability is an important issue for me. Tips of this frame are 30mm for powerful single bands, so the head has an average or a bit over width around 100mm. The grip is pretty narrow to be able to simply tuck into pocket or belt. This design is mostly made with aluminum in mind. But with most of the alu frames I have a weight issue. A common weight for a frame like this is about 220-270 grams, but it's not so comfy for me. So beside the slick and flat design one of the guidelines was to keep the weight below 200 grams without loosing strength or without ergo problems.

I will polish this design based on my current shooting tests, so some dimensions will change but will keep the fine pocket-ability. For example the small knob (below the hole at the corner of the grip) is for an easy pull out from the pocket.

Greetings to Your wife! I know you as a great person, I'm just sure She is too!

Cheers, Tremo

Hi Tremoside!
Really great work! Youre GOOOOOD!
Also Hrawk is a great builder!
But i have a Wrech tooo! The ReWrench!
View attachment 12662
And mine is much "Wrenchier" than yours!
NAnananaahhna!

After this trolling around, please take revenge!
Lay your screen to the ground and pee on this post!
Hey Baller-Bub! That's a lovely design on the wrench theme! No doubt it's a hot topic for a craftsman! I skipped the piss process, these cables are holding my screen pretty tight. But I will work on it if next time I miss the namecheck. I promise :D

Mass production and then get rich?
Hi FilipNilssob,

A question in medias res? There's not much room here to really explain my thoughts, but just let me tell you I mostly learn from making these slingshots. I like making slingies as a design area that's complex enough. There's ergonomics, technology, CAD, physics, mass- and custom made processes. For an industrial designer it is FUN! But I mostly like the feedback from my friends here, good or bad it's all value!

Tremo, you never fail to amaze! And yet again, your creativity is excellent! Great work sir, you really should produce these. I am sure you would have many, many customers!
Hi Will! Thank You very much my friend! I'm really enjoying the making of these and hope I can make few nice pieces. Your always positive attitude is a treasure! Thanks Will!

This is very cool!
Glad You like it! :)

If this fits so well the hand how it looks, then go into production.

If this one shoots that good how it looks, then go into production.

If you can produce it to an acceptable price, then...

Do you need more hints?

Nice job! :)

Hi LW, You just made a schedule for me! Or is it taken from the practical guide to design slingshots? :D Ok I promise I will follow these steps and if you don't mind I will always turn to you for inspiration in precise craftsmanship and well thought forms!

Bests, Tremo

Hey Tremo,

LW´s right! Great job done on that one!!

You need to know that this one is just great!

And even more you need to know that the forum-crowd
curiously waits for relevant things to be posted..

.. like this truly innovative shooter! !!!!!

thanks for that!

kind regards,

Be
Hi Be, Your words are sweet, thank you so much! Hope I can handle time and focus on these projects. I already profited a lot from your Accuracy Thread! That helped me a lot to make a comparison between few designs.

Curiously waiting what's next from You! Keep that elbow greased!

Bests, Tremo

Tremo, your designs are always artistic yet undeniably manly, this one looks like a hatchet effed a crescent wrench! I would love to try one, that is, if you can reverse it for left handed shooting. It's sometimes an asspain being a lefty in a right handed world. I really believe you have a highly marketable design here, great work man!
Hi Dolo,

Thank You so much for your kindness! You know am semi ambidextrous. Right handed but holding the frame in my right. Also a bit problematic that I have a semi ambidextrous (~30%) cross eye dominance. So be sure I'm focusing on both hand shoot. I just read a ton of articles last week on eye dominance and try to interpret those to make better ambidextrous designs.
Hope I can go forward with this design towards realization.

Bests, Tremo

---------------------------------------------------------------

Again, thanks for all the comments you left here!

Have a nice day,
Tremo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.