The Warlock!!!

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by KnuckieG, Aug 3, 2013.

1. KnuckieG

KnuckieG New Member

Grants warlock.JPG

The Warlock in Poppla Burl and Birch ply 1.JPG

The Warlock in Burl Spanish Olivewood and Birch Ply 1.JPG

This is my friend Steve's own design I admit I was doubtful the shape would work for me but in fact it's so comfortable I can barely feel it! The first is the purpleheart,padauk and silver birch ply. The second is poplar burl and birch ply and the third is burl spanish olivewood. Steve tweaked the purpleheart one so I could use tbg in ttf and ott as well as tubes he carried that mod over to the others so they are very versatile as well as great to hold.

link to catty folder = https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.536640813068086.1073741825.149381271794044&type=3

link to the main page :) = https://www.facebook.com/pages/Harts-Wood-Crafts/149381271794044

2. studer1972

studer1972 scooter trash

Nice solid wood bowls. My first wife's grandpa made neat stuff like that. Cool warlock slingshot as well.

3. KnuckieG

KnuckieG New Member

Well looking at the pic Steve sent me of the purpleheart I couldn't quite figure out how to hold it but once it arrived the part where your fingers wrap round goes to quite a thin edge making it beautiful to hold. So many of my catties need quite a wide finger/thumb grip so to have catties I can just pick up and squeeze is fantastic. The others are thicker bodied but still perfect to hold your 1st wifes grandpa sounds like a cool guy wish my grandpa made me some :)

4. studer1972

studer1972 scooter trash

He was. Cigar smoke and wood shavings bring back pleasant memories. :)

5. KnuckieG

KnuckieG New Member

Can't beat a nice cigar :) time to raid the humi :D

edit: decided on a peruvian inca blue robusto with a cup of tea I'm in Heaven now :D

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  6. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

I think he has caught it as well :/

J

7. KnuckieG

KnuckieG New Member

8. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

I like that slingshot very much. Nice work!

9. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

10. KnuckieG

KnuckieG New Member

Thanks etrain I felt Steve needed validation of how good his work has become since he's a very novice shooter I'm more experienced but nowhere near the standard of guys like Neil. What a shot! What's great about this it's Steve's design as well as build on many others I helped design but this is 100% Steven Hart good on him he deserves this praise :)

11. KnuckieG

KnuckieG New Member

Thanks BV mate! Neil did the swinging match strike before Bill did he's an amazing talent he really is! The purple Heart Warlock is going nowhere though its beyond comfortable as a ott slingshot incredible ergo design. Steve's building me something mysterious now no pics no hints I can't wait to find out what he's creating for me :)