The Uber Full Butterfly Release

Discussion in 'New project ideas' started by AvB, Nov 27, 2013.

1. AvB

AvB New Member

Hi Guys,

while i was milling, i sketched an idea which i brought to a model today evening.
    I don't know wheter my idea is senseful or not.
    But look at the images.

I constructed a device which enhances the drawlength of the full-butterfly stand, but more than that, it provides a self-locking triggersystem.
    (same principle as on my tube-mounted Releasesystem)

The trigger is missing in the images, but can be easily imagined near the vertical handle. It is supposed to pull a bowden cable which pulls the yellow sled one milimeter backwards. At that moment, the Steelball is set off.

What do you think? Is that useful?
    If the extension doesn't make sense, just imagine the release right beside the Hand, so that it is just a Full-Butterfly-Trigger.

Yes i know Slingshots with Armrests aren't allowed in germany... but This is not a slingshot, this is the releasemechanism ;)

regards
    Tom

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
  2. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Crazy! I like the idea!

3. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

I agree with BV.

4. Ghosth

Ghosth Over the hill but still swinging!

If the yellow part has a limit to forward travel or "stop" then yes cable to trigger will work.

If no limit or stop is preventing green parts from traveling forward, resulting in release, then you might need a linked mechanical control rather than a cable.

I like what you have so far, very interesting!

5. AvB

AvB New Member

the sled ist actually limited in front direction.
    with a screw you can later setup how easy the trigger releases.
    the closer to the deathpoint of the green parts, the easier and dangerous it is.