The Theraband Tubing Revenge

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by river88, Aug 19, 2013.

1. river88

river88 New Member

Hi man!
    Today i think bout have changed my slingshot approach!

I've used for 1 Years the famous thera band gold, 2 x side, 30cm lenght and tapered fork/pouch 1/2.

Great power, about 80m/s (Chrony) for a 9g steel ball.

But i was so frustrated because after 30-40 shot the bands started to tear.

SO, ABOUT 1 WEEK ago i decided to change and pass to tubes, today the package arrived to my home.

I get 7,50m of thera band red tube!
    I started to build my first home mad slinghost and ladies and gentleman hear that:

- 1 tube per side
    - 30 cm tube length (135 cm draw-lenght about... 4,5X stretch factor, fulll butterfly, of course)
    - 1,4g pouch weight

I shot 5 times and i got a medium speed of 80 m/s! the same like the bands!

I shot other 10 times and tube seems to be the same (no tear).

SO, IF TUBING LAST MORE THAN BAND, i've found a easier to make, cooler, same performance and last more slingshot system!

I think that now, tubing are like bands! Of course for quite light ammo like the 13mm steel ball.

My next step will be a doubled per side tan tubing.

Attached Files:

2. greenevegiebeast

greenevegiebeast New Member

That sling held no bending....

3. Odins_Zornn

Odins_Zornn Noob

What do you mean by "no bending"?

4. LW

LW New Member

Sorry, but TT red can never ever compete with TBG in any discipline.

And 80 m/s with red tubing you’re shown setup and 13 mm steel ball is very hard to believe...:confused:

Also, there are some incongruities in your post, sorry to say this.:rolleyes:

5. river88

river88 New Member

Are you sure man? Is not a fake, with 1 TT red per side i reached 80 m/s with 13mm steel! Of course, i shot with full butterfly and Chrony is right because with eyes i saw the same speed of the TB gold...

6. studer1972

studer1972 scooter trash

What make is your fork? Any pics/videos of the chrony results?

7. river88

river88 New Member

The slingshot body is the Barnett Black Widow, but it dont make difference.
    For now i've not video or pic but i can do it tomorrow (now in Italy is night).

8. Y-shooter

Y-shooter Member

Interesting link to Thera Tubes.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwSsVbrqdDI[/ame]

9. river88

river88 New Member

i've already see that. infact i shot faster coz i used full butterfly...

10. Y-shooter

Y-shooter Member

Great! I may give it another try.
    I wonder how it would compare to 5080 Dankung tubing because TTR has about the same measurements?

11. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

Yes, I'd found Gamekeeper John's vid a bit of an eye opener. I wish he'd covered the black and the silver as well. I was a very big fan of TTB until I tried Dankung 50/80 which seems (subjectively) to give more fps for less energy input. Doubled it will handle the heaviest ammo I've got with what seems like impressive speed. I can't wait to get more of the stuff so I can try it on some of my slingbows as well.

Similarly doubled .04 latex from SimpleShot seems to out perform the equivalent double TBG with ease. I wonder if it would be feasible to compile a table show a 'cost/benefit analysis' of all the bands and tubes that we use...to show what fps each can achieve with various ammo weights in relation to the draw weight

12. river88

river88 New Member

It's a good idea. In the mean while i've attached the tube set to a normal sling shot (not more the black widow), simply putting a 9,525mm steel ball at fork into tube to stop it.

I don't know the compare coz i nve never used dankung but i can tell u that i've NOT taprede the tube. I suggest you to use theraband only coz dankung tapered are pre-set lenght.
    No tapering is needed, only a good drawlenght (140cm for me). I can sure you that it work!

Now i've a second goal... launch a 20mm steel ball with tube at 60/70/80mps. I dont know if i reach these speeds but i wanna try. Which tube do you suggest me? green, blue or black?

13. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

LoL...great minds think alike! :)

14. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

Black ! With a heavy pseudo taper

15. river88

river88 New Member

pseudo taper what mean?

16. river88

river88 New Member

here is the new slingshot/attachment...

Attached Files:

17. Y-shooter

Y-shooter Member

18. river88

river88 New Member

ah nice, but is not for me coz i never attach at fork with a loop, i just like the commercial slingshot attachment like barnett black widow or the steel ball attachment like in the photo.

But after some think i wanna keep this kind of tube set. However with a 13mm steel ball and 80 m/s i can reach 29J!!! Which is quite good for me (more than good for me).

A heaviest tube set is too strong for me! And the precisione will not be good, the ammo are expensive and heavy to carry!

Maybe i'll order a green tubes or MAX blue tubes but i think that red do work very well!

19. river88

river88 New Member

Here is the chrony output... 81,9m/s! MORE THAN 30J with my 13mm steel ball!

Attached Files:

20. jakobkurt32

jakobkurt32 Member

I have recently found this as well!!! im using 10mm steel at the moment and with theratube yellow I'm getting the same damage on targets,whether its busting through or dents as theraband gold, and it lasts!!! the speed feels and looks the same as well! (got no chrony).I think the green, blue and black tubes are just to heavy (dense or thick) to retract as quick. (same as thinner bands)

Full butterfly of corse! :D