the special gift from Brazilviking (video)

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Arturo Borquez, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Arturo Borquez

Arturo Borquez Administrator

THANK YOU SO MUCH my friend, your package arrived !
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSu6MzWHWl0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSu6MzWHWl0[/ame]
    Cheers
    Arturo

2. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Wow!! This was very thoughtful and very generous BV! Excellent, and very originally, designed shooter and the work on the case was fantastic too.
    This could not have found a better home than with you Arturo! I wish you many hours of happy shooting:)

3. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

I'm glad you like it, Mr. Arturo! When I got the "cabreuva" plank from a friend, the "AFS" (Arturo fork shooter) just happened in my head.
    It's a rare wood, almost extinct here. It releases a great perfume when cut or sanded. And also very hard. Right now I'm building 2 other slingshots with it, (the eyepokers.....guess why?) and a little piece is left. Future generations won't have the chance to know this wood easily.
    Let me know how it shoots, my friend!

Ps- I'm evolving the "A" design..... Sooner I shall have the prothotype of the "groovy Arturo", the "pickle Arturo" and the "Apocalyptic Arturo".:D

4. flicks

flicks ...lost in the woods....

Awesome Package my friend. Tons of rubber for upcoming card cuts and in addition this great slingshot with a pouch. An A - very well crafted and very thoughtful. You are a lucky man Arturo and what a generous guy is our Doc...... :cool: [​IMG]

5. Arturo Borquez

Thanks my friends !! wow !! a wonderful gift from our doctor ... uploading a shooting video now, available in 2 more hours, SLOW internet here !!!

Cheers
    Arturo

6. Obelix

Obelix Delete

A like allot of Rubber for Arturo and A-shooter! Great paggage Brazilviking!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  7. Arturo Borquez

It's a pity BV and makes me sad to know that the cabreúva wood is in extinction, this last 100 years had passed away more species than the last 5 million years ... we humans need to seriously review our behavior with nature !
    Cheers
    Arturo

8. Arturo Borquez

the first shoots with AFS
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qHBG3suPX0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qHBG3suPX0[/ame]
    the holes in the can top were the 2 plain hits on the video ... it eats hard LOL !
    Cheers
    Arturo

Attached Files:

9. dolomite

dolomite Banned

BV, you are a good dude, the thought you put into Mr. Arturo's gift really shines through. :D
    Mr. Arturo, looks like its plenty accurate!

10. Arturo Borquez

thanks dolomite, doctor BV is a great friend! , I never leave a new shooter without it's bottle top LOL ! the AFS bottle top is uploading now ... keep tuned ...
    Cheers
    Arturo

11. Brazilviking

You make me :eek: embarrassed.......
    There is nothing better than giving a friend a gift.
    I have a philosofy.....this is the time of the use, not the possession.
    Giving a slingshot for use makes it usefull and complete it's purpose. Even more if it's going to be used a lot.

Makes me feel happy.

12. dolomite

dolomite Banned

I dig your philosophy.:) I've given more slingies than I've kept as well. we just bought a house, our agent was a long lost friend of mine from school, when the deal closed I presented him with a solid birch boardcut pocket predator(Mr. Bill, I also made one for a kid as requested). It was nice to see his appreciation, he hadn't had a slingshot since childhood.

13. Arturo Borquez

the bottle top for the AFS shooter
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upiOtyDrA2s"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upiOtyDrA2s[/ame]
    enjoy my friend
    Cheers
    Arturo

14. Brazilviking

Wow! Right in the middle!!!! I' having much fun watching as you have shooting!!! Fernanda loves it too! (Showing your shots is one of the few moments that I can make her pay attetion to slingshot related stuff)

I've made a pfs today..... Soon there will be a thread!

15. Arturo Borquez

wow that's nice, btw being one of the most gifted guys in this forum I really feel embarrassed :eek: but I hope to correct this soon ;) ... train the PFS you will need it doc LOL ! and beware with your hands please a precious gift for us and your patients ...
    Cheers
    Arturo

16. Brazilviking

About it.....what is your height, Mr.Arturo? I've been cutting bands on the size you told me, but I can't spread wide my arms in butterfly shooting.
    Maybe I'll need a longer set.....

17. Arturo Borquez

I am 175cm height take your arms span and divide it by 4.5 in my case 30cm effective gives me 135cm draw between 3/4 to full butterfly, when the rubber wears it elongates a bit more about to 142cm (full butterfly for me), now if you use the fist grip like Tobse you will need extra 2 or 3 cm ...
    Cheers
    Arturo

18. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Nice Gift, I wish you much Fun with this! ;)
    And a really nice Work Raul! A great Idea, with the A. ;) 1+

19. Arturo Borquez

thanks Schultz ! never figured a fork could be a A ! BV is very creative and it shoots quite well !
    Cheers
    Arturo

20. Brazilviking

my full butterfly draw is 158cm....35,111111 lenght without the attachment lenght....
    I'll taper it 2,5 x 1,5 x 49 cm......