The Slingshot Boy?

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Alukuchen, May 24, 2013.

1. Alukuchen

Alukuchen Senior Member

This guy has just shown up on my youtube channel and keeps annoying me: http://www.youtube.com/user/EndOfTheWorldPrep

I remember when the Slingshotboy first occured in the old forum, he posted some of the stuff this guy has on his channel.

Is he the Slingshotboy?
    It is important to me, because this determines how I'm going to treat this guy :D

Me: Material of the fork has nothing to do with the power of the slingshot!
    Him: Yes it does. Steel is better than wood because it absorbs less of the energy from the bands. Because wood is less dense therefore it absorbs more of the energy. And also you get more power with a lower fork. BTW thanks for letting me advertise on your video. Its that you get more views because of the obvious reason that you make cool videos. Can you give me a subscribe plz and thanks.

2. artons

artons New Member

i don't know, but his slingshots are really really horrible :mad:
    he must be mad saying that metal frames are more powerful than wood...

3. Bruntbob

Bruntbob New Member

I believe EndoftheWordPrep was a name banned from this forum as it was a Slingshotboy pseudonym.

4. Courier

Courier Senior Member

He seems like a real person.
    Maybe he just don't know what he is talking...so don't "finish him" (yes the mortal combat allusion is intended).

5. Alukuchen

Alukuchen Senior Member

Haha I find this exciting, which is weird ^^
    Somehow I pity. I mean he is a kid... The way he behaves is just so odd and weird that I wonder if everything is alright with him.

6. Bullybreeder

Bullybreeder Banned

Is he correct about the fork thing ?

7. RedTheGrimm

RedTheGrimm Member

It would depend on the type of wood used. soft woods would eat a lot of energy but they also make poor SS, hard woods are typically very dense and make great SS. I don't think it would matter under the levels of Potential Energy we are talking about here... but the physics are there. Like if a metal and wood car of the same mass were to hit a wall at the same velocity.....then it would matter.

8. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

i dunno man, i just know that the material thing is bulls...

9. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

As long as he is not mean, don't...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hHDxlm66dE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hHDxlm66dE[/ame]

I mean, by looking at his channel, it seems like he is at least trying hard to get into the slingshot-hobby, but as we all know, he obviously suffers from attitude-problems.

10. Alukuchen

Alukuchen Senior Member

Jup, I also don't believe at all that the material of the frame has ANY influence on the power of the slingshot.
    @RedTheGrimm The physics are not there because spring and heat energy stored in the bands would have to be converted into movement or heating of the frame to be "lost" there. Yes, it moves during the shot (away from you when flipping) but theat is actually the wrong, "energy gaining" direction, where flipping your wrist adds even more energy to the system. Have you ever seen a slingshot frame heat up during shooting? Ok it could bend but wouldn't it then store energy that would then be converted into kinetic energy of the bullet just like the rubber does? And I have also never seen a slingshot frame bend unless it is a really ban one. So I don't see how a slingshot frame could "eat up" energy
    Also if your wood car hit the wall your logic would be that it is safer than a steel car because as you say "wood eats away more energy" that would mean the wood car is actually safer, but I think the scenario is a comletely different one then shooting a slingshot, not only scale wise but absolutely different.

Ok the guy from youtube has not spammed or further annoyed me I'll leave him alsone as well :)

11. Bullybreeder

Bullybreeder Banned

He just may be correct

Well from background knowledge I know that the car example is not realy workng in all situations. For example lead is more dense than steel. But if you shoot at a concrete wall with enough velocity to break the lead ball then you have a lead ball. But you take the less denser steel ball with the same diameter and shoot it at the same velocity you are only going to see a little nick. And I did research and I think this guy is right. Because I read that strength has nothing to do with density. And that with stuff like a slingshot that kinetic energy is soaked into the slingshot through vibrations in the bands during release but most goes into the projectile to launch it. Its just like if the pouch was made of more denser leather than the one you use. Even with bands adjusted to even out the score with the weight difference since the leather is more dense than it will soak more of the kinetic energy. Now read this to make sure you get a full understanding you guys and then tell me if I make sense. Remember im makeing these inferences on info I got online so forgive me if im incorrect.

12. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

He is Slingshot boy, i am sure!!! I had some PM' s with him and in two of the vidzz he sent, it was the same person as the one who posted on your channel. + i' ll reconize his voice 100%. It almost gave me nightmerries...

13. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

He has joined the other forum. I have pegged him and he knows it.:(

14. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

Ban him and all his relatives! IP ban him! Bring the car sized slingshot out! Brace yourselves! His marble video was horrible. I somehow made it the whole way through.

15. CarlosR

CarlosR Junior Member

Thank you for pegging him on the other forum Flipgun. I can't believe what he asked of poor Ruthie! It was entertaining following him from the beginning to the (current) end. I say "current" because I have a feeling he's coming back. ;)

Like Alukuchen, I find the kid's actions fascinating and weird and I also wonder "if everything is alright with him. " As far as his posts and videos go...here's a modification of an old joke: QUESTION: What's the difference between Slingshotboy's posts and a bucket of crap? ANSWER: the bucket. :D

16. he is now annoying me on the other forum.
    i tried to be as nice as possible.......

he said

Can we do a few cooperative videos that may help us both. Your allready popular channel will be even more popular because these videos will be informational witch u dont do alot of. Mine will become more popular because your videos get lots of veiws because they are just awesome.

i said... :)

no thanks plz
    i am already working with mygunfreak and i am ssorry but i dont really want to partner with you.
    please dont ask again

17. Tysonspapa

Tysonspapa New Member

Aww that guy is a pain in the @$$... :rolleyes:

18. Why couldn't we have his "ass as Target"!

Joe

19. Bert the Welder

Bert the Welder New Member

Given the size off a SS, the forces exerted would make minimum difference. That's speaking in terms a a properly designed, solid SS like a Moorehammer. The thinner a fork's legs are the more it will bend. And, yes, wood type also plays into this. Is there a loss in total power, well, probably a little, but would only be of great concern to student doing a graduate study at the Manheim Institute or a competitive SS'er. If it flexes back, inline with the draw, then it technically shortens the draw length, so again, there would be a lost in power, but we're talking about 2-4mm maybe. Not a lot of reduction. Be more concerned about the fork bending and braking.
    Lower forks decrease the leverage on your hand/wrist. Nothing to do with power of the SS.
    SSboy could be anyone, of any age. This is how he gets his kicks. More inert than hanging around children's playgrounds leering at kids, but annoying just the same. :D

20. Otees

Otees Another Member