The SlingBlade.

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by L00NGB00W, Jan 26, 2014.

1. L00NGB00W

L00NGB00W Mister

Here, I make a pretty vicious slingshot/dagger out of steel plate, brass, and ebony.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv-V5_rQb_4"]The SlingBlade[/ame]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
  2. AvB

AvB New Member

what you do for a living?

3. L00NGB00W

L00NGB00W Mister

Living.

I operate reach-trucks, order-pickers, powered pallet jacks and forklifts for the time being.

4. epicsoundbox

epicsoundbox New Member

You could stab the knives into a table and shoot it upside down and then have a better aim with no wrist strain !!

5. RegulusRubber

RegulusRubber Junior Member

Wow, crazy device, I think I like it. :D

6. L00NGB00W

L00NGB00W Mister

Haha! That's a great idea.

If one were really brave/foolish they could use that technique to stretch the bands beyond arm's length. ;D

7. buckshot500

buckshot500 Hoonigan Jeeper

Nice weapon!

It's very cool and well built. Great idea you have with this too.

I really like your video too. There are two things I noticed though, not that I'm trying to be the safety police.

First I couldn't help but to cringe when i saw you cut the cucumber towards your face. I'm sure there was plenty of room when viewed from the side, but in the video it's hard to tell.

Another thing I thought about was maybe some flattened PVC pipe sheaths for use when shooting the slingshot before the zombie Apocalypse just for everyday protection.

8. xEsoteric

xEsoteric Admirer

Haha. Great work, L00ngB00w. I wish I possessed the resources to pursue such interests myself

9. weaponuniversX

weaponuniversX New Member

10. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

That is really a psycho shooter!

11. Lacumo

Lacumo Member

That’s an interesting idea. The cops where I live (the Police State of New York) would absolutely love it! Even having that thing in your possession would get you in a jam here. I’m not sure if it'd be a felony, a misdemeanor or a felony that you could plea-bargain down to a misdemeanor, but you’d definitely have to pay long bucks to get some greasy lawyer to pacify the Police State Police and the judge in the local Kangaroo Court.

Can you carry that thing around in Canada without potential police/legal hassles?