The ripcord arrow rest (for a slingshot)

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Hardtimes, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Hardtimes

Hardtimes Member

This has been an idea that has taken up much of my time over the last month or so. How to combine this:

Ripcord arrow Rest

with this:

[ame="http://youtu.be/H7MHGtpfbIc"]Trumark FSX-FO[/ame]

I don't simply want to change the sight to an arrow rest since I want it somewhat stronger than plastic.

Anyone have any design ideas? I have a few that I will try and upload later.

Cheers

Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  2. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Hmm. Good little project. If you could 'reverse engineer' one of those swiveling fork tips, you may be able to easily craft one from little pieces of aluminum tubing, using longer aluminum pieces at right angles as the "drop-away" arrow rest.

3. studer1972

studer1972 scooter trash

Check out A+: http://aplusslingshots.com/slingshotsandmore.html (bottom of the page)

Another vendor, who I can't find or remember now, does it via a couple large wood beads on a cord strung between the forks. Can anybody remember or provide a link, so credit can go where credit is due?

Finally, the old Wham-O Sportsman came with a wire arrow guide, like this:

The problem with all these methods is that they make the slingshot an arrow only shooter while they're attached. Chief AJ's HFX has an arrow rest that flips up and down, but I haven't tried one yet.

Attached Files:

4. Is this your Wham O Sportsman? Studer

Joe

5. Hardtimes

Hardtimes Member

I think I finished my basic design. Explanation to follow when I can make a better image version.

Cheers

here is a link to drop-box with much much better set of images.
    Sling Shot design

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
  6. studer1972

studer1972 scooter trash

Drach: nope. I have just the fork, this is one that was for sale on ebay. I banded mine up with some repro flat gum from Flatband. Shoots nicely, but too strong for marbles. I tried making the arrow rest, but it didn't turn out well.