The Slingshot Forums banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
jelsdon what machine did you print this on? Formlabs has some "tough" resin that should hold up pretty well. I would also consider canting it a little bit to get the tension force off the layer lines. Weak Z layers tends to be the place where most 3D printed items break.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I printed it on a home build machine, you can see the design HERE I will consider getting a plastic advertised as 'high toughness' when I run out of the current plastic, which for reference is Fun To Do industrial clear mixed 50/50 with deep black (from FTD also).

With the layers: in my experience so far the layers are not that important in SLA. When things break they do not seem to follow the layers like FDM parts. They shatter almost exactly like glass. Also I am having problems getting support structure working well enough to put things at arbitrary angles. I am redesigning the printer to be top down for this reason, as it is detaching from the clear interface that breaks the supports.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anyone knows a cheap way to get/build a rambini? I do not have the tools/space to realy build one by myself (with sawing and grinding) and online lasercutting or 3d-printing is realy expensive.

·
Registered
40 Posts
A coping saw and sand paper is all you really need. No power tools needed. I bet you could pick up a coping saw for under $20. I cut mine out of furniture grade 3/4" plywood on a scroll saw, essentially the powers equivalent of a coping saw. I only sanded mine to 340 grit but I'm lazy like that...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Alternately, you may find a woodworking co-op. I believe there is one in Ottawa where I am. Full woodshop. You just rent shop time with other hobbyists. I think it's pretty cheap here...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Fast clamp style bar clamps are great for flat boards when using a coping saw. Clamp it to a table with the area you are cutting hanging over and run the saw up and down. I have found a coping saw takes practice and patience. Your results look great Zerod. Good shooting!

·
Registered
1 Posts
First slingshot I've made

I saw Jörg video on youtube and I decided to give it a try, so i went to homedepot and bought 18mm plywood, for the rubber i went to a sports-store and got 20 lb rated tubular rubber (Unfortunately, is the only kind of rubber i got access to. ) for the finishing I used beeswax and a blowtorch, for attaching the rubber i used nylon cordage. Unfortunately, I messed up the cut because i only got a normal jigsaw, so is really messy. Regardless its shots beautifully and is strong enough to break beer bottles. Thanks for posting the pdf for this amazing slingshot.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I saw the Rambini Video, and made my first Slingshot in ~10 Years!

made from some plywood I had around, measures in at 9.5mm

After using it with some 8mm steel balls, I decided to try some larger and heavier pebbles - which turned out to be a mistake:

But, not being one to give up easily, I decided to try again with some Aluminium I still had, 5mm. Unfortunately I only had a long strip which was 8cm wide, so I had to scale the original down another 10%.

Another thing that bothered my was fiddling the Tubes (Dankung 1843 btw) in the divot on the Arms, which is why I decided to punch a hole in this version. It's working well for me and now.

So thanks for the Inspiration Jörg!

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Rambini 3D printed prototypes arrived... working great! The anti hand slap shield is clip-on now, which is fantastic. Shoots like a dream and is super portable.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Das mit dem Munitionsspender mache ich nicht mehr so gern. Schwächt den Rahmen, ist auf ein bestimmtes Kaliber festgelegt, rappelt, ist entweder fummelig oder zu unsicher.

Es geht eigentlich immer schneller eine neue Kugel aus der Tasche zu holen. Man muss die Kugel sowieso ins Leder legen.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts