The Slingshot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I might give this a go 3D printed, I only have tubular rubber available, is there any modifications I should make to make the tubes easier to attach? I include the STL file for any others that are interested, traced from Joerg's drawing.

Specifically I would like to attach a pseudo tapered tube (doubled up on the fork side).

Edit: apparently I can only attach images. PM me I suppose if you need the file.

·
1,543 Posts
I tried making one a few hours ago out of a 3/8" thick piece of HDPE. This is my first attempt at making a slingshot frame and it's pretty comfortable. The only real problem with this is the way the handle looks. Any suggestions on how I can fix this?
HDPE is a bitch to finish.

This video might help
<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FJDckA70u58" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
40 Posts
I couldn't just make one. I like this shooter a lot. Tight design, very pocketable. Got a bit of hand slap on my index finger while shooting "brace style " . I modified my grip and no slap after that. Found the grip a little small for shooting "hammer grip" but after a few shots I thought it worked ok. Great design. Thanks again

·
Registered
3 Posts
HDPE is a bitch to finish.

This video might help
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FJDckA70u58" allowfullscreen="" width="854" height="480" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Thanks. I'll probably use this method in the future but for now I just want a fairly functional and decent looking (at least imo) slingshot that didn't have an arm-brace. So I just did this; opinons?

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry about the picture quality btw, I have no way of getting a good one with my phone with it's near irremovable case. I just added electrical tape to the handle, drilled a few pilot holes, put nails in the edges of the prongs, and put office rubber around them to keep it in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So I've retraced the PDF into a vector and mirrored it to clean up the design a little and then pulled it into OnShape to extrude it to 3D and chamfered the edges. I can post the files if anyone wants them so it could be CNC routed or 3D printed but I don't want to do this if JoergS doesn't want his design files modified or published in those formats.

Here is a screen shot of the design https://www.dropbox.com/s/lqgrmh1jeo8vwak/Screenshot 2017-03-05 10.07.46.png?dl=0

·
1,543 Posts
I also gave that Rambini a try:)

12mm plywood and an some leftover furniture wood (could be oak)

First i must say it is smaller than i expected from the blueprints...
but thats what Jörg intended so it´s cool.
For a hammergrip slingshot a thin boardcut is not very appealing...
especially if you want to shoot big bands.
Thats why i go for this thicker version with less pocketability,
but as a hammergrip this works better for me.
That said i have one issue with this sort of design.
Not only the Rambini, but all thin Hammergrips
I am a pencil pusher... my hands never had to work hard.
Therefore my hands are sissy hands... not used to pain:rolleyes:.
A hammergrip slingshot with tight arches over the fingers,
that pinch against the fingerbones... the more rubber the more pain...
these slingshots are highly uncomfortable for me.
I bought a hand howitzer 2 years ago and haven´t shot it once... because of that issue.
Therefore i shaped the Rambini with angled arches
and now this one can be shot without hurting fingers :)

I went with a top slot attachment for convenience reasons.
I sanded it to 200 grit and gave it a quick spray coating.
I screwed up the aiming points...
who would have thought, that the resin runs into the woodfibers...:rolleyes:

I did some testshots today and this design is a nice shooter.
It´s nice to handle and very intuitive to shoot with.

Here are some pictures.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice work all around!

Knallfrosch, the frame isn't meant to be shot hammer style. It is a support style shooter really.

Made another Rambini from 18mm multiplex and 3mm sycamore maple veneer... nice combo, beautiful wood.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Been shooting my "Rambini " a lot. Really enjoying this little shooter. One thing I have found is that it is a great shooter for little hands. My 4 year old loves it! And it is the perfect size for the boy to hold in a hammer grip.

·
1,543 Posts
Nice work all around!

Knallfrosch, the frame isn't meant to be shot hammer style. It is a support style shooter really.
That´s right, the support style is definitely the better choice with this frame, but in your development post you mentioned that this should be shot in pistol grip as well :).
I have to say i got a lot of handslaps in pistol grip
and almost none in support style...
so thats another good reason for the support style :D

1 - 20 of 51 Posts