"The RAM-Bone" - new design

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by JoergS, May 1, 2013.

1. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

A friend of mine wants to start selling slingshots and asked me if I could provide a design. Sure!

He wants to have a plastic injection mould made, which is quite expensive - but afterwards the frames will be very cheap. So plastic will be the final material! I had to design the frame with that in mind.

This one is a mix between the Moorhammer (handle) and the Hand Mortar (for Cold Steel), The fork is wider than the Hand Mortar's, and also the fork arms are thicker. The handle is pure Moorhammer, but sports a lanyard hole. The idea is that the user can saw the hole part off if desired. Also the slot for the looped bands should not be sawed through as it is a bit of a problem for flat bands - you have to attach those fairly low so they don't slip into the slot.

This is a great slingshot! The fork is 15mm higher than the Moorhammer's, more safe for beginners but still fairly low, the handle is very very comfortable.

The look remind me a bit on a ram's head, plus two bones (fork arms). Hence the name.

Did I mention that I LOVE multiplex? It makes shaping so easy, as you can always see wether or not your filework is even.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rafael11111 likes this.
  2. Alukuchen

Alukuchen Senior Member

Hey Jörg! This one looks great! Really elegant. I love the inbuilt cord O.

3. MaddyMax

MaddyMax New Member

funny! that was exactly what i thought looking at the pics!

although a great design. where will the completed plastic slingshots be sold?

4. jt-1911

jt-1911 Senior Member ProPlatinum

Awesome! If these will be on sale, then I will definatley buy one :)

5. Thistle

Thistle RESIGNED

I am really liking the look of multiplex too, with it's 'bullseye' grain. It is perfect for slingshots. This is a beauty. Your 'filework' is perfect.

There is also a belief among enthusiasts that those fun lanyard attachments are ideal for steadier, more accurate shooting. I'm discovering this to be true as I continue to explore various methods and materials. Plus I really, REALLY like playing with paracord. Gosh, that stuff is fun!
    [​IMG]

The other thing that is REALLY capturing my attention is your mention of a Cold Steel Hand Mortar. I think I might've missed something important???

Are you guys teaming up to design a slingshot? You can't just drop a bomb like this and not elaborate -- just a little, please. THIS is exiting! Considering some of the krazy videos I've seen, I can't wait to see what you and Lynn have in mind this time.

Mortar? Are we talking short or long-range ballistic trajectories? Laughing...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 1, 2013
  6. Lars

Lars The Evil Genious

good work

my first really really comfortable is the bongossi wasp

7. orgazmosis

orgazmosis Junior Member

very nice looks comfortable :cool:

8. kineticweaponry

kineticweaponry Senior Member

awesome, tell us when and where we can buy it, i just cant wait to own one!

9. Skorps

Skorps Senior Member

This looks realy cool!! like it!!

10. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

Nice one! I hope the final product will be a sucess!

Thistle: Just make a search for "ManuMortar" in the forum search-bar and you'll find it! :)

11. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

Cool design, tho i think te lanyard attachment doesn't really fit in, but you can allways saw it of...

12. Thistle

Thistle RESIGNED

Wow! Thank you, FIAAO. I was totally not aware of the ManuMortar.

I'm really liking the NightOps. Looks tactical. Pretty cool. [​IMG]

13. Achso_42

Achso_42 Senior Member

14. Courier

Courier Senior Member

How could this frame be more perfect? :)

15. Bert the Welder

Bert the Welder New Member

Cast in Aluminum!!!:D

16. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

No problem :) I like the Tactical one too!

17. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

In fact I think this is pretty much the best general slingshot I made so far. The handle is so nice that I think it would work really well for machetes, too - even for guns. Hacking with a knife and shooting a heavy recoil firearm will create forces quite similar to a slingshot draw.

I went through hundreds of different frame designs to arrive at this point.

18. LW

LW New Member

Yes, this looks like a perfekt combination. For hard shooting, there is nothing better than a hammergrip design and the fork works for beginners and advanced shooters.

Combining the useful properties of differnt slingshots is very effective, I started this progress a few month ago, so between you and me there is still a universe of development.:)

I found a good symbiosis for target shooting, by taking the slingshot in a support grip, like the gekko style slingshot. But for verry hard plinking and fun shooting I definetly use your hammerhaed design. Gives me the most control of the power and let me pull realy strong bands.

As I said very nice combination and design, definetly on my to do (to copy) list. :p

Every new build slingshoot gives me some more experience and brings me to (for me) perfect symbiosis

Thank you very much for your experience Jörg.

19. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Beautiful slingshot and fantastic job on the multiplex

20. jt-1911

jt-1911 Senior Member ProPlatinum

What came out of this now is this going in production?