The "PATE-LAUNCHER"

Discussion in 'New project ideas' started by Brazilviking, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

The "PATE-LAUNCHER" WITH VIDEO!!!!

OK.....I was trying tom make some sandpaper working today (Fernada is not working...I have to make company while she is sewing at home, so I can't go to the workshop at my parents to build:()
    Patela (my daughter and pet dog) was anoying me with her tennis ball. Brought it to me about 100 times...so I took hes to the grass field nearby to play properly (and forkhunt!!).
    she loves long distance launches, and my arm often gets tired because of throwing. I had seen once in the google image search a giant slingshot for dog fetch.....sooooooooo.......
    [ame="http://youtu.be/ZRfmi7bQ1yU"]http://youtu.be/ZRfmi7bQ1yU[/ame]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  2. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

Ahaha, great work! It looks like a mixture of a skeleton and a robot... slingshot. Really cool :cool:

Are you sure those are relly made for orthopedic use? Maybe the postman mixed two boxes during delivery, one with orthopedic stuff and one with slingshot parts... :D

3. Arturo Borquez

Arturo Borquez Administrator

ha ha very nice solution to give a good lengthy run to Patela !!! a bionic arm !!!
    Cheers
    Arturo

4. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Really great Work my Friend! This is really a Big Slingshot and also really Beautifull! 1+++ :D
    Great to see this Big thing, in your Hands! Now you look really like a Brazil VIKING :D
    I'm sure, you both will have your Fun ;)

5. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Ha! I like this! Great idea, reminds me of some type of 'Terminator' weapon!!

6. greenevegiebeast

greenevegiebeast New Member

I like I might have to build a mine version for my Gizmo(the 20 pound wonder dog)

7. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

That is so shiny and rugged. She's a lucky pup to have an owner that builds such pretty things for her:)

8. Brazilviking

Field tests tomorrow!!!

9. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

It is also a golf ball shooter. Beef up the rubber a lil' and go for a record!

10. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

My cat also goes after tennis balls XD

J

11. flicks

flicks ...lost in the woods....

Whooooohaaaaa, that is definitely NOT a pocket shooter. Hopefully Patela is able to find her way back home when you shoot full draw...;)

12. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

^hahaha^

If you happen to fire it in a north-northwest direction, I will be sure to return your ball and feed Patela a good meal before she runs back:D

13. Brazilviking

I had one that did it too.... But he would never be abble to run 200 meters after it!

14. zurdoman95

zurdoman95 Member

your work with those surgical pieces are amazing .

15. dannytsg

dannytsg Senior Member

You are like the mad scientist doctor and I like it! Nice work.

16. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

I will admit that when I first saw the title of this thread, I instantly thought that you were intending to launch foie gras!

17. Brazilviking

Field test with great result...but it was almost dark, so I couldn't make a movie...I'll try during this week! I got an aproximately 200 meters range shot with a tennis ball....and the rubber isn't the best... Thera tube black will be a killer!!:D

18. Brazilviking

I don't know if it was distance or darkness....but she couldn't find most of the shots today....(I hope it is because of darkness...I loved the long distance shots!!):D

19. Brazilviking

You were not the first to say this to me....perhaps not the last either!:D:D:D:D
    I think you would be interested to know...I'm creating a crazy slingbow!

20. Snader76

Snader76 Dysfunctional Member

Like the skeleton looks! Good job need to make one for my dogs.