The Slingshot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Thread Hijacker
3,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going back home and I saw a nice large fork inside a garbage container.
It was a dead mulberry tree. It was very dry, and the wood was gray. But it was 6cm thick, and I decided to cut it. It was very resistant, and not rotten.
I carried it in my car for about 2 months. Then came the inspiration. Istead of making cuts to make it look symetrical, I kept the own personaliti of the fork and made some cuts on the band saw. The finish has completed the wood ressurrection. It stayed under 1 liter of peroba oil for a whole week. Took other 2 to make it dry. some adicional sanding and lineseed oil. It revealed one of the most beautiful patterns of grain! fits my hand open wide!

Features "Arturo fork tips"!:D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,101 Posts
Oh Boy!

What a beauty!

Did you know that Lady is from germany?
please send her home one day ;)

(just kidding)- great work!

-you feed the bug!- soon that elbow will be overcome ;)

best regards,

Be

·
478 Posts
one mans garbage is an other mans treasure

nice sling

·
aka Whitehawk!
4,700 Posts
Wow, 3 in a row from BV! Another beauty. I like the non-symmetrical style. Brazil takes the lead in global homemade reveals for November 8th!

·
aka Whitehawk!
4,700 Posts
Is there any special meaning behind the name BV?

·
Thread Hijacker
3,375 Posts
I'll tell you, I've been hit upside the "ol' cranium" a time or ten, and even then never imagined something like this!! Big respect and a killer design! One might almost say it was shaped with surgical precision...oh wait...it was!

·
aka Whitehawk!
4,700 Posts
The forktips are shaped like the tip of the elbow....elbow in latin ia olecranum. it is the medical name too!:D
So it's "The Elbow" - great name ;)

Since we're talking body parts, I was wondering, did you hear about the supposed "new" body part discovered recently by some Belgian physicians - the ALL (antereolateral ligament)? It seems odd that with all our knowledge of the human body, how this part would not have been found before? I found that very interesting.

·
Banned
3,613 Posts
the grain on this one is very much bad as hell! great design too. when I was 15 I damaged my olecranum from undisclosed activity:rolleyes:.

·
...lost in the woods....
629 Posts
Very nice shaped BV! An unusual wood for a slingshot, but with an awesome grain. Stunning man!

·
Slingshot addicted
1,606 Posts
Very nice design. What are you doing with all that slingshots? Hm,wrong question after looking at my collection.:D

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
That is a piece of understated art. No bright colors, no bright lights, that slingshot is like a north dakota farmer. Solid as a mountain, conservative with a strong tendency to understatement. But when your dad's in the hospital, and its harvest time, he's the one who shows up first.

Elegant in its simplicity, strong, understated I suspect it will be around century's from now.

Nicely done BV!

·
Premium Member
3,609 Posts
Beautiful ! great job BV ! what a style ! I love it, very good pictures to watch all the nice details, I noticed the fork tips, you will not regret my friend, may I ask what's your opinion ?
Cheers
Arturo

1 - 20 of 35 Posts