The New Forum

Discussion in 'About the Forum' started by FIAAO, Apr 26, 2013.

1. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

...looks good! Now I just have to learn to navigate around here! :D

2. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

same here

3. Achso_42

Achso_42 Senior Member

Looks familiar, but still have to explore...:D

Btw. is there something else than junior/senior menber? Think we could use a few more like marbleshooter, rubberpro (just thoughts)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  4. stej

stej New Member

Please, where is address for RSS source?
    I read this forum through RSS reader every morning which is much more convenient than browsing the site.
    Is it possible to manage RSS please?

5. stej

stej New Member

Great, thanks. Now I don't know if I was blind or you enabled the feature :D

Btw. (bug report) looking at someone's profile doesn't work - see a post by someone, click on nick name (opens a little menu) and then after "View public profile" I get HTTP 500 error code.

6. pelleteer

pelleteer Middle Aged Delinquent

What the....? :D I posted at the forum yesterday, then went to check in today and it had moved...Guess I missed the memo (lol). Nice to see everyone at our new home. :cool:

7. Hegz

Hegz New Member

It's been neat to watch it change as the day goes on. It started with some rough edges, and I got a bit worried for the brief peroid when there were a lot of advertisements, but now it looks sharp and clean. Good job Jörg, Austin, and any other crew that I don't yet know.

8. kenyon-slingshots

kenyon-slingshots New Member

nice channel desserve more views

9. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

OH Hell Do I have to log in every time I go somewhere else?

10. ant

ant New Member

hey,
    i think the movement was handled not very good.
    the old forum was blocked and linked to a new page that has almost the exact same name then the other big slingshotforum...
    the name who blocked all the thread also sounded suspicious to me so i was under the impression the old forum was hacked.

it should have been jörg who pronounced that...and i a different thread please with some TIME to move.

now i found out this is the new site and i wasn´t abled to log in. the forum says my username or my password is incorrect...when i try to recieve a new password it says my emailadress is unknown....but i tripple checked everything!

i´m not upset, that problems occur, that can always happen, what pisses me of a bit is the fact that due to a radical closing i have noone to talk to, i was foced to create a new mailadress (to not block the one i want to use here) and a new account...so now it would be very nice if an admin contacts me to clear that situation.

11. jt-1911

jt-1911 Senior Member ProPlatinum

Generally saying I like the new forum, especially the upload of pictures except for that they are all just listed at the bottom, and you cant write between them to anotate them. Otherwise the only set back is that on some browsers the pictures dont show up, and they cant be viewed.

But generally good move. :)

12. VdubJetta

VdubJetta New Member

I had to create a new username it wouldn't let me log into my old one or retrieve my password for my old one even tho I knew what my password was. Hopefully that doesn't screw up my chances on the drawing :( , not gonna reenter with this name that would be like cheating.

13. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

You mean like this? You can change it yourself where you edit your profile! :D

14. Bert the Welder

Bert the Welder New Member

Wasn't able to log on, same as Ant(whom ever you formerly are know as :D), and the small panic attack and liquefaction of the contents of my lower intestines. I contacted admin. and they sorted me out just fine.
    I haven't looked through the site more than coming here, but it looks pretty similar to the old one, at least enough that it hasn't triggered a brain fart like I was worried about! ........I do still hate change though!!;)
    FYI: The "search" box, in the top left of the window is cutoff, horizontally.
    Would still like to see more "smiley" icons. Better selection allows for more expression. They are the stand-in for facial expressions in messaging. They can help avoid misinterpretation of comments.
    Don't see the "new posts since your last visit" button?? We have to have that!!!!!!!! It makes having a quick look SO much better!!!!!!
    Thanks for the help and congrats to all!!!

EDIT: (few minutes later.......) Is the "Today's Posts" button at the top the same as the "new posts since..." button I mentioned above???? Does it include all posts since my last visit, as in all posts I haven't read from multiple days prior, other than just "today"?
    Thanks in advance for clarification!!!

Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
  15. squidget

squidget Junior Member

got in :) looks good here

16. I couldn't find my old account.........
    i would like it back........

17. ant

ant New Member

looks like quite a few had this problem...really smart to close the other forum to clarify stuff...

18. ForumTech

ForumTech Administrator Staff Member

The move was non-standard. It was from a free forum to now an independent host. We were not able to cleanly get the data so we had to improvise with what limited options we had to work with.

If you send a PM to Jörg or myself with your old username/e-mail or use the Contact form we can fix your accounts.

We could not redirect the old forum here because the options are very, very limited.

19. MaddyMax

MaddyMax New Member

on the old forum i liked the feature to be notified that other members wrote postings within the 30 minutes i need to write mine. :rolleyes: just saying :D