The "Meanest Bladed Weapon" Voting Thread

Discussion in 'Knives, Swords, and other bladed weapons' started by JoergS, Jun 21, 2015.

1. #1 Havalon Piranta

14 vote(s)
    7.3%
  2. #2 Havalon Baracuta

17 vote(s)
    8.8%
  3. #3 Cold Steel Espada Extra Large

42 vote(s)
    21.8%
  4. #4 Microtech Jagdkommando

95 vote(s)
    49.2%
  5. #5 Homemade Chainsaw Morningstar

19 vote(s)
    9.8%
  6. #6 Other (explain in comment)

6 vote(s)
    3.1%
  1. mcgral

mcgral New Member

I like the Chainsaw Morningstar.

It's simple, homemade, and looks pretty badass.

Perhaps not the most effective, but that's not what this is about.

2. currypommes7

currypommes7 New Member

Baracuta

Ich hab mich fürs Baracuta entschieden, weil es ist einfach rasiermesserscharf und ein riesengroßer Vorteil den ich sehe ist, dass wenn man ein nicht sehr begabter Messerschärfer ist, kann man die Klinge einfach komplett rausnehmen und ersetzen. :)
    Das Jagdkommando ist zwar auch sehr exotisch und letztendlich auch extrem cool, aber es fehlt mir persöhnlich die "Messerfunktion". :D
    Beim Kettensägenmorgenstern kann ich mir vorstellen, dass die Handhabung nicht gerade ungefährlich ist und sich unter Umständen in einem Kampf selbst verletzen könnte :p
    Das Espada sehe ich nicht wirklich als sehr "besonderes" Messer, da es sehr viel Bowies gibt die seeehr ähnlich aussehen, somit sticht es nicht mehr so aus der Masse, wie zB. das Baracuta oder das Jagdkommando.
    Gruß,
    Vince

3. Lockabar1

Lockabar1 New Member

The Meanest Blade

The Microtech is the meanest most bad ass blade because it's a blade designed to make a wound that can't be closed easily that is its only function. The other blades can be used for other jobs not counting the mourning star. The mourning star is a killing weapon but you my have a design flaw with this version if your not careful you could easily bend the chain or break it sorry. I enjoy your channel keep up the good work.:)

4. Gniaffron

Gniaffron Junior Member

The homemade morningstar, because it's homemade, and homemade is always better!

5. JamesWoody

JamesWoody New Member

The Cold Steel Espada is a beast of a knife, with a huge and great looking blade, along with what looks like a hell of a lot of hacking capability :)

6. riki652

riki652 New Member

I chose The Jagdkommando because its bada**, while open it can pierce anything and do lots of damage, but while closed it can be used as a whacker and do some pretty devastating bone breaks

7. quartasis980

quartasis980 New Member

The Cold Steel Espada is the biggest and the most badass folding knife i've ever seen !!:eek:

8. Volitheon

Volitheon New Member

#4 Microtech Jagdkommando

I find this ''three bladed'' knife really scary, because if you would stab it to someone, the wound wouldn't seal from the outside. If you think about it you would think this with horror thoughts!

9. Elkyou

Elkyou Knife fan

My opinion

Although the Espada XL is one hell of a blade (as well as the others), I personally love the Cold Steel FGX Karambit: Looks pretty mean to me!

10. Jo

Jo New Member

Microtech

Because if you land one stick and still lose the fight your opponent doesn't go home either.:eek:

11. Roog

Roog New Member

Havalon Piranta because its sharp

12. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

I prefer the good old fancy whackhammer.

It´s blade is extremely dull and short, but
    that´s what all this fun is about:

Removing body parts becomes a pure power parade -
    no filigree "oevre" - whacked in the right way, such
    hammer takes off arms and fingers like a charm -
    don´t worry about the blood flow..

A lot (here: of power) helps a lot!

I love me hammer!

13. deeneendo

deeneendo New Member

got to be the Jagdkommando. What a fear-inducing poker!

but the ball and chainsawblade is also bad ass...

14. Techy-Ben

Techy-Ben New Member

Havalon Piranta vs Jagdkommando and Baracuta

So, I've noticed that a huge majority has said that the Jagdkommando is the meanest blade of the bunch. I will grant that it may be the scariest blade, but I don't think it's the meanest blade. (Personally though, I'd even give the scary prize to the Havalon blades, because things that sharp send shivers up my spine.) The Jagdkommando isn't the scariest largely because of what Bone said above. The dagger would have a lot of friction going in, so its user would have to strike with much more force than with a conventional dagger. If he/she misses, then he may well lose his balance, which is really bad in combat. Also, the dagger will be slower to pull out, and the user may lose up to half a second pulling it out versus pulling out a conventional dagger. That's also not good in a situation where a few hundredths of a second are all the time you have to respond. Also, with a well-placed stab you won't have to worry about how big the wound is. A stab to the heart or lungs is just as bad as a gaping hole in the gut. Also, the Jagdkommando will never slash a throat, with is by far the best way to stealthily incapacitate someone, because they won't be making any sounds. Finally, since most of the Jagdkommando is dull, one could easily ward of an attack by grabbing it by the blade itself. The Jagdkommando is highly inefficient, so I don't think it's the meanest blade. It is pretty scary looking though. If they made a bayonet version, I think it could easily be called the scariest and meanest bayonet, except maybe for the saw tooth bayonet.

On the other hand, the Piranta will slash a throat very efficiently, cut deeply, and sever an artery quickly (thereby also adept at killing by rapid blood loss). It could gouge out a piece of flesh too. It's the meanest because it is extremely efficient at what it does. I'm sure a few stabs could be made during it's life too, if the stabs are straight and done from behind with the target unaware of his doom. I'd like to see what happens to the blade when it is stabbed into a piece of ballistics gel.

Why not the Baracuta? It may have a longer reach than the Piranta, but as I mentioned in my main post, it will break more easily, being bigger but just as thin.

If you liked this, read my main synopsis in my post on Page 11 (using the standard number of posts per page).

15. Bone

Bone Slingshot Shooters

LOL! That was so funny. Still laughing....

16. Bone

Bone Slingshot Shooters

I bounced back and forth with that decision and reach was why I chose it as it can be a advantage if it holds up well. Especially when weight isnt much of a factor. I'd really have to hold and use them both to make that final decision. I just think it's better to take the whole zombie head off rather then leave it dangle. Lol:D

17. Leonetienne500

Leonetienne500 New Member

I think the Havalon Baracuta is the is the meanest weapon but also that one that you want if you need a survival knife when your car crashes somewhere in the woods. All trough the Cold Steel Espada Extra Large would be my 2th vote.

In german: Meiner Meinung nach ist das Havalon Baracuta das beste Messer. Es ist ein Messer welches man gut gebrauchen würde wenn man im Wald verloren ist und auf Hilfe wartet. Auch wenn das Cold Steel Espada Extra Large meine zweite Wahl wäre.

-Leon from germany

18. Exid3r

Exid3r New Member

Microtech Jagdkommando is out of this world, crazy!!

19. JIMSPINASBOOK

JIMSPINASBOOK New Member

Baddest blade reply

Strictly as a blade vote, I would have to say the cold steel. It's big, sharp, and more versatile than the others. Plus it has the bad ass look down pat. The chain saw deal is bad ass, and I'm going to make one for sure, but my vote is the cold steel folder. Thanks for the video and the contest.

20. Nathan_Dobb

Nathan_Dobb New Member

Microtech Jagdkommando all the way!

The Microtech Jagdkommando is definitely the meanest choice. While the Havalon products are unique and useful, their modeled after a Scalpel , which was designed for surgeons, which in my opinion, isn't as awesome as the triple bladed Microtech Jagdkommando. I assume that the Microtech Jagdkommando is designed after WWI trench knives with the triple blade designed, and they were so effective at killing, that it became a war crime to use on in trench combat. Up against a scalpel, oversided pocket knife, and flail, the triple bladed Microtech Jagdkommando has to be the meanest.