The lil "Poker"

Discussion in 'Knives, Swords, and other bladed weapons' started by beaverIII73, Dec 9, 2013.

1. beaverIII73

beaverIII73 Junior Member

I made this one out of and old file again. It is 8 in overall and the blade in about 4 in. I left the bluing from tempering because it was such a cool color and both side were a little different. Hope you all like it.

Attached Files:

2. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

That's a great little file knife. Man, so many talented knife builders around here lately. I'm almost tempted to try it myself one of these days. But I wouldn't even know where to start - well, of course I would have to get a file I want to modify. But I'll stick with admiring from afar for now.

3. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

I'm with you withak my next trip to harbor freight there going to think I'm preparing for a massive file shortage in the near future lol.
    Beaver what kind of file is best? I'd assume a flat file would be easiest, but would half-round be better?

4. beaverIII73

beaverIII73 Junior Member

Thank guys. Tip #1 go to junk stores and pawn shop and offer $0.50-1.00(for the larger files) I got 6 files for a buck the other day. Tip #2 "You Tube" look up file knife.... lots of great videos on the subject, then do whatever works for you. I like the flat ones but I have seen some guys use half rounds. I will try all kinds in the future... whatever I can get a hold of lol.

5. AngelicScars

AngelicScars MILF of the board

6. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

Really a nice design!

somehow I associate it with diving..

Well done!

Greetings,

Be

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013