The infamous Magic Rubber

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by VWscooby, Feb 5, 2014.

1. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Thanks to Dolo I now have a large sheet of BVs magic rubber. It looks like its going to make some great bandsets, I'll probably make some up at the weekend and give it a go. Its a really wide strip too, much wider than the Rolyan I sent :eek:

Included were some Root Beer Barrel candies. American sweets are exotic here (hey, its a small island ;) ) and the kids love having sweets from so far away, its something to tell their friends at school. Thats important when you are 5! (I keep sneaking them though, I love Root Beer!)

Anyway, thanks again Dolo! :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  2. Bushmaster

Bushmaster New Member

I always remember slicing my tongue on the bubbles in some of them. Be careful after you have sucked on them for awhile!

3. Aus_sweetnam

Aus_sweetnam Professional Crayon-Eater

Britain isn't that small in comparison to other islands, its roughly three times the size of Ireland

4. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

A ' ;) ' usually means a joke

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  5. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

A nice package from Dolo. The magic rubber is nice stuff - it's currently banding up two of my shooters. It would be curious to see a map of the world where this magic Brazilian rubber has landed over the last year or so. BV sure does make certain to get it out there.

And the root beer candy - I haven't seen that stuff in ages - I loved it when I was a kid. Good times. Good times.

6. dolomite

dolomite Banned

E, I had to search them out! You can still get all the oldschool candy in clear bags but rootbeer barrels. Boutique candy store was where I found them for 10USD per pound:eek:, still worth it though.

7. noah013

noah013 Member

Nice trade! I've heard a lot of positive things about the magic rubber. Would love to try it myself someday.

Make some nice bands out of it James!

Greetings, Noah013

8. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

I love those root beer candies! I quit drinking soda a few years back but I'll have one of those every once in a while

9. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Wow...magic rubber spreading around the globe!
    QUESTION: what kind of food is allowed to be sent through mail? I wanted to send guava candys many times, but I thought it was ilegal!

10. Obl1v1Aus

Obl1v1Aus Meh!

usually you can send any candy, I get stuff from Japan all the time.
    as long as it doesnt contain fresh fruits or meat products I can get most anything sent to Australia.

I found this information that may be useful for you BV
    "As of December 2009, several countries prohibit or restrict the mailing of all food items (including candy) entirely. Bolivia and Germany both prohibit the mailing of food. Algeria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Cyprus, Ethiopia, the Falkland Islands, Peru, Singapore, Spain, the Ukraine, and New Zealand all have restrictions on what foods can be sent."

I would assume sweets and candies would be fine, I usually dont declare them when I send them out, hevent had any 'liberated' yet

11. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

Magic rubber? How can I get some of that? Can I get it for a song?

-Wild Bill

12. sonnyboy204

sonnyboy204 Target Misser

Im intrigued about the magic rubber too, what makes it special? I've seen it mentioned quite a few times, but still in the dark about it. How do I get some?

13. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Hey D, this was a great thought and a hell of a nice thing to do!
    Although I absolutely despise it in others, I suppose I donned the 'American culture is global' blindfold. This was driven home to me in the thread where peanut butter and root beer were discussed. Like an idiot, it never occurred to me that fellow members in other countries may have never tried such things!

14. PaulPawx3

PaulPawx3 Member

Will, I thought about that when I posted about cracker jacks (later on of course) that there are people on this forum all over the world and probably a lot that are still wondering "what the heck is cracker jacks" :D it feels like we are neighbors and I forget we are Oceans away from each other some times. I think that is one thing that I love about the forum, we are separated but together at the same time. One big happy fork family :D