The guava is dead. Long live to the guava!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Brazilviking, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

ImageUploadedBySlingshot Forum1389662715.044492.jpg ImageUploadedBySlingshot Forum1389662728.908141.jpg ImageUploadedBySlingshot Forum1389662747.281889.jpg ImageUploadedBySlingshot Forum1389662764.927515.jpg
    I've been taking a weekend break at the beach. 40 degrees, even the water was hot! There is an offroad track for pedestrians to reach other beachs, no acess by car. I like to take this track to go fishing since I was 5 years old. For my surprise, an old guava tree that I remember since I was a kid was broken and fallen. 1 silent minute. 30 walking minutes back home. 65 minutes of exausting saw work under the sun. Well, I see this tree since I was a kid.... Now part of it is staying with me for ever. As soon as it dries, my work will begin. Some crazy shaped forks available!

2. PaulPawx3

PaulPawx3 Member

Like the post, can't wait to see what you do with them. Sorry for your loss, but at least you gave it a moment of silence :) long live the tree

3. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Wow...except for the heat, that place looks like paradise!
    Its sad to see the old tree go, but in addition to lots of good memories, it provided you with some excellent forks! I know you're gonna carve something great that would make the old guava proud!

4. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Sad to see it gone, but good news that it will live on in your creations. Much better than seeing it just chopped up and thrown in a wood pile. Some nice forks you've got to work with there. Can't wait to see your creations!

5. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

I'm looking forward to seeing your slings BV, especially the one on the bottom right. That will be an interesting one!

6. dolomite

dolomite Banned

That is a shame the old tree fell down but some really interesting pieces to work with. Reminds me that I've not started on the guava fork you sent me, gonna have to remedy that:).

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  7. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Great way to keep some childhood memories with you, looking forward to seeing the results :)

8. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

I had an idea about the fork on the bottom right of your pic. Have you seen Bill Hay's Vulcan design? I think you could make that fork the first natural Vulcan (at least the first that I'm aware of)
    Anyway it's all up to you obviously, just thought I'd share the idea

9. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

I also see the makings of a very cool sideways shooter in the top row, right most fork. Prepare the planer and the rasps, wood chips are going to fly!

10. slingpit

slingpit Slingshot addicted

You are the doctor. Take it back to life.
    Slingshot life.

Attached Files:

11. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

The guava shall achieve immortality through your work... And it looks like your left foot is designed for a pinch grip. Have you banded it up yet?

-Wild Bill

12. Arturo Borquez

Arturo Borquez Administrator

death and resurrection for the guava !
    cheers