The generosity of Withak

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Jeremy, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

I was recently the recipient of the fabled generosity of this forum. In a thread I had posted about BB shooters, Withak was talking about Airsoft BBs that he uses. I mentioned in passing that I would have to look into getting some, but was slightly concerned about the weight. Shortly after that discussion, the bands on my BB shooter broke. I posted the fact that my bands broke in that thread. Shortly afterward I received a PM from Withak wanting to send me some bands and some BBs. Below is a picture of what he sent.

I now have enough magic rubber, Theraband black and Theraband Gold to make a few band sets. I have been very impressed with the super-sure pouch and magic rubber bandset that Withak made.

If anyone has a BB shooter, I highly recommend taking a look at some .43g airsoft BBs. Not only are they larger than regular steel BBs, they are also magnetic. They are simply a blast to shoot.

Attached Files:

2. AngelicScars

AngelicScars MILF of the board

Impressive. The generosity on this forum is astounding.

3. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

I'm glad you like them Jeremy, my pleasure. I am surprised to hear that the .43g airsoft BB's are magnetic, I hadn't noticed that in using them myself. They must have some kind of metal core to make them heavier. I'm going to have to take a closer look at that when I get home today. BV was very generous in sending me some of his magic rubber, and I'm enjoying it, so I'm happy to share the love :)

4. Jeremy

I have found that most of the members of this forum are very generous. That's why I keep coming back (that and I'm slightly obsessed with slingshots). I feel that I have made some great friends through the forum, even though I have never actually met anyone in person.

5. Jeremy

Just some photo evidence of the bad-assness of the Airsoft BBs that Withak sent.

Attached Files:

6. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

An absolutely outstanding act of kindness and generosity, Withak! And to you Jeremy, now you can just shoot until your dizzy from it! :p

7. Jeremy

Withak is an amazing person, very kind. The airsoft BBs are simply amazing to shoot, the bands he made handle them and steel BBs very well. There is enough pre-cut banding material there to make band sets to keep me shooting for a good long while.

8. JohnKrakatoa

JohnKrakatoa Loudest boom on Earth

wut ? magnetic pouches? :O where can you buy them?

nice haul man!

9. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Very cool, nice one Withak! The cans have nowhere to hide now! :)

10. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

I get the magnetic pouches from Rayshot on the other forum. He makes great pouches, they're reasonably priced and he has good service. You can find him listed in the vendors area and email him if you want to place an order. The magnetic pouches are the only thing I use on my BB shooters.

Edit -here's a link to his information - he is one of the only reasons I go to the other forum: http://slingshotforum.com/topic/7662-pouches-supersure-pouches-magnetic-and-non-magnetic/

Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
  11. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

Good on both of you! A lot of what gives here is people paying it forward.

12. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

The exchange rate is rather good at the moment so I may have to invest in a couple of those. :)

13. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

Wow!

I also got some of Ray's pouches, those are great. Met him at the ECST.

Shooting BBs is fun!

14. Jeremy

His pouches are amazing, I may need to buy some for myself. I really enjoy shooting BBs out of my A+ BB shooter. My next step is to build my own shooter and use some of the awesome bands Withak sent.

15. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Oh, boy...Now I'm feeling very bad....
    My new house is on the way....I've been so busy! I should have sent you the magic rubber already, Jeremy. I'm so sorry!

16. 4foruglenncoco

4foruglenncoco Member

I feel the same but I make slings a lot and withawk IS a great guy

17. 4foruglenncoco

4foruglenncoco Member

What exactly is magic rubber?

18. dolomite

dolomite Banned

E Withak is indeed the shiznit! One of the nicest, most genuine dudes I've met. He sent a very nice Christmas gift for my daughter, it was a really nice surprise as I wasn't expecting a package from him. Made my day. I'm glad to have a friend like him.

19. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

A special kind of rubber I found usefull on slings....but actually is used in orthopaedic surgeries.
    It is made from the sound of a cat's step, the beard of a woman, the roots of a mountain, bear's sensibility, fish's breath, and bird's spittle.:D

20. 4foruglenncoco

4foruglenncoco Member

I thought it would be something regarding your life as a doctor