The Eclipse

Discussion in 'Knives, Swords, and other bladed weapons' started by beaverIII73, Jan 30, 2014.

1. beaverIII73

beaverIII73 Junior Member

My weekend project. It's the first blade I have made that didn't start off as a file. This one ids made from an old saw blade I found in a junk store. This one also has my first mosaic pin in it. It looks like a eclipsed moon to me. I did how every have a lil hick-up on this one I attach the scales before I tempered the blade. I had thought I had completely finished when I realized that I never reheated it in the oven after heat treating it, oops. So I try to temper it with the wood still on. This didn't go well for the the wood. The scales are made from red oak and had a very nice grain. But the heat turned it dark drown almost black. Some sanding more BLO and some epoxy and I thing I like it even better lol. Hope you all like it.

Attached Files:

2. LW

LW New Member

Yes I do! Very nice work and I like the blade form, very useful for all kinds of work with a knife.

Well done :)

3. Courier

Courier Senior Member

I really like the name!
    You did a wonderful job, Beaver. The knife is awesome.

4. buckshot500

buckshot500 Hoonigan Jeeper

5. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

Very Nice! Loves Me a Drop Point. ;)

6. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

Very cool knife, I think the pin looks like an alien with one big eye and one little one Oo

7. pelleteer

pelleteer Middle Aged Delinquent

The "burnt" oak actually looks pretty cool, sort of like ebony.:cool: Look at the bright side, at least you didn't forget to temper it altogether. You could have found yourself out in the field with a snapped blade. :eek: Nice work. :cool: