The Dragonfly "CHASER" review

Discussion in 'Reviews about commercial slingshots' started by JohnKrakatoa, Mar 20, 2014.

1. JohnKrakatoa

JohnKrakatoa Loudest boom on Earth

Hello there, I was lucky enough to win this bombproof ss because I was on the other forum at the right time :) Mr. Dan Ford offered it only for the postage and since I was the first I got it.

So if you don't know Dragonfly Slingshots, give them a like on their FB PAGE because the products look great.

This particular ss is called Chaser (formerly Companion). Its from the nylon range. It feels really indestructible. You certainly can drop it from anywhere, I even tried it from 3m on to concrete and I couldn't find any damage (other the scratches from the router from manufacture, because I left it unsanded how it came because I want it to be maintenance free). I even tried to chop it with a knife and the dents were only slightly visible. You can cut material with a knife off of the frame though, which is a plus if you want to mod it with any tools to suit your needs.

The frame is a good size for my relatively big hands, Its very comfortable in the thumb support grip, but also just enough for a hammer grip, but certainly not for super strong band setups, since the grip isn't so tall on this particular model. BUT I started to try out a new style of hammer grip, when you put your thumb into the fork, and this is super comfortable on the Chaser (this makes it a very short fork frame so you gotta beware of hand hits , flip and twist).

Its dimensions are:

Overall width - 90mm
    Overall height - 122mm
    Between forks - 43mm
    Fork height - 33mm
    Overall thickness: 22mm
    Wight: cca 100grams

It came with a set of looped 2040 dankung with a nice leather pouch 5 cm wide (presumably this is from Leon13, but the leather looks different to what I got from him). Gotta say the tubes are nicely tied to the pouch. Notice the touch of Ca glue (my guess) on the knots. But I gotta say that after a only few shots and the initial test drawing I did the tubes showed many signs of wear and they broke. I guess I did stretch it too much without shooting when I was first trying it out, since I never had a 2040 tubeset I think I overdid it and destroyed it. But this can't be seen as a fault on Dan's side even if it was the fault of the Dankung tube material and not me tearing it up from over stretching. Also its no problem since I wanted to put 5080 on it anyway [​IMG] (and the shooter was free).

Shipping was 6 GBP and it came in from UK to Slovakia in a weeks time.

My overall rating is 10/10.

Attached Files:

2. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

Looks cool! Maybe you'd like to sand just the fork tips to make the tubes last longer?

3. JohnKrakatoa

JohnKrakatoa Loudest boom on Earth

Good idea thanks, I sanded the tube holes with 240 grit and will be shooting it ball in the tube attachment. this will be my rock shooter :)

Btw the wear on the 2040 ou see there is from stretching ...its before the forks or the pouch in the middle of the tubes.

Attached Files:

4. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

Great looking slingshot. Talk about being in the right place at the right time!

5. Starling

Starling Banned

That's just like an sps