the dinosaur arrived

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by dinosaur, Jan 21, 2014.

1. dinosaur

dinosaur New Member

Hello,

After shooting with my friend his new slingshot, a china one :) I decided to do some research about slingshot's.
    Meanwhile I saw almost every movie of Joerg and my knowledge is rising and rising. I hope it will further increase with this very nice forum.

Joerg, you are already my hero and I have lot's of respect ;).

See you soon on the forum

(Sorry if my first post and questions gonna be stupit or in the wrong topic but since I'm new, I thing it is normal that I gonna make such mistakes :eek: )

2. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Welcome, there is lots of knowledge and experience here and everyone has to start somewhere so don't worry about that! :)

3. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

4. Ghosth

Ghosth Over the hill but still swinging!

Welcome aboard Dino!

5. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Welcome! Please never worry about questions you think are stupid, we are here to help each other out!
    I hope you enjoy the forum as much as I do!

6. Bushmaster

Bushmaster New Member

Welcome, we are all stupid about different things, or in my case, a lot of things!

7. Lacumo

Lacumo Member

Welcome to SSC!

8. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Welcome to the forum Dino! Good to have you here.

9. dinosaur

dinosaur New Member

Thanks for all the great reply's!

I was thinking, it is a little bit sad to introduce myself without posting any slingshots that I've made myself.
    There is actually one piece that I have made. It is not very powerful and the shape is different. However, it's very easy to build and even safer to shoot :cool:.

So, I took a balloon, put it around a bottle opening an so you have it. it looks stupid, but you don't want be hit by a fired stone with this :D

Soon I'm gonna start building my first "real slingshot".
    My plans are: search in the woods for a good piece of slingshotshape wood and Theraband blue or theratube green (don't know yet).

Looks a good starterspacket for me :D

10. JohnKrakatoa

JohnKrakatoa Loudest boom on Earth

Hi Dino !
    When I was a little kid me and my friends from the block used to shoot little red fruits with toilet paper empty rolls (the cardboard stuff, spool?) with balloons tied with rubber bands to one end at each other :D

EDIT: the fruits are actually from the tree called rowan / mountain ash according to wiki. This is a great surprise for me because I saw people making nice sshots out of the wood and I had no clue its common here in Slovakia :D Yay.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sorbus_aucuparia

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  11. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

Hmmmm, a Dinosaur... On our forum. Jurassic Forks?

-Wild Bill

12. buckshot500

buckshot500 Hoonigan Jeeper

Welcome!

I am new to this forum too, and can tell you it's a real nice bunch of people on here.

I learned a few things in my life that have served me well. One of the best things is this............"The only stupid question, is the one you don't ask."

I ask questions when I need to, and give answers when I can.

13. PaulPawx3

PaulPawx3 Member

Hi Dino, just joined a few weeks ago myself. There is no doubt a lot of knowledge and pure art work on this forum. Great bunch! Welcome

14. dinosaur

dinosaur New Member

That would be an awesome name! :)
    Next weekend I go to a near forest to get myself some nice forks.

greatz;)