the "cellphone" shooter

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Arturo Borquez, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Arturo Borquez

Arturo Borquez Administrator

Maybe someone else did this before ...
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q1Bgv0Ji8g"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q1Bgv0Ji8g[/ame]
    disclaimer, if you don't master PFS's, bareback or stick shots don't try this
    Cheers
    Arturo

2. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

awesome arturo!! I've seen gamekeeper john doing it on youtube, but i still like it!

3. Arturo Borquez

Hi Onnod ... lol ! only 2 shoots I don't trust much the attachment I've did even I test it before, anyway seems to shoots well lol !
    Cheers
    Arturo

4. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Not a bad idea. If you could come up with a quick-change method of attaching the bands, you could just keep them in your pocket along with some ammo and you've got a PFS/stick shot type shooter any time you want! Cool :cool:

5. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

Most cellphones can be equipped with cases. Attach the bands to the case, and put the phone in the case when 'need' arises, to give the 'sling' the needed rigidity. I'd think that that would come as close to a 'quick-change method as you could using this medium.

-Wild Bill

6. mvd

mvd Builds with scrap

It's a NOKIA right? It could probably withstand a direct hit :-D

Awesome shooting as always Mister Arturo.

7. AZPFS

AZPFS Junior Member

Like I said man....you crazy, hahahahaha

8. Arturo Borquez

welcome my friend and enjoy !
    you gave me the idea after watching your iphone wallpaper lol !
    Cheers
    Arturo

Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
  9. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

You told me you don't have a cellphone.......so.......:eek: poor Rossana!

10. Arturo Borquez

sshhhhhhh !!!! ;) she doesn't suspect ....

Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
  11. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

That's certainly one option, but I can think of another possibility - I'm picturing in my mind a 'cap', something that could slip snugly over the top of the phone, tight enough to hold it in place, but not so much to make it impossible to remove. Plus a rubber cap would provide some protection for the top portion of the phone in the event of a 'fork' hit. I'm not exactly sure how to make it happen (I'm no designer), but I think it could be done. Main problem is that you'd have to come up with a different design for each phone. Would be fun to try.

12. flicks

flicks ...lost in the woods....

Wonderful my friend! I will try this with my...eeer... with the mobile of my wife too. :D

13. Arturo Borquez

Thanks guys ! ... this was more for fun than a serious test, once more dgui's "turn and tweak" grants safety, I do it all days so a 'fork' hit was not my concern, I was worried the 'attachment' could slip so I didn't stretch the bands to maximum ... I am thinking in a piece of wood, a semi circular jaw to press bands with the same rubber wrap ...
    Cheers
    Arturo

14. Antraxx

Antraxx #7

Hey Arturo.
    Great to find you over here now!
    Always liked your Vids and i admire your shooting style...because all i would master is to hit my hand i bet lol :D

All the best!

15. MountainStorm

MountainStorm Termite

I bet you could make some long distance calls with that. :D I think the ringtone for me would be OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OW.

Your shooting is the best. I love to watch you at play with your slings.

16. Arturo Borquez

Glad you liked, a bit of humour .... sure the cellphone is old but functional, I will find a appropriate ring tone and tell my wife call me while shooting lol ! of course I ask her permission, mmm doable lol !
    Cheers
    Arturo

17. Arturo Borquez

Thanks Antraxx, same for me friend I always admire you awesome creations and many other master craftsman here and there, work I will never able to do, I bet ...
    Cheers
    Arturo