"The Boy King"

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by Can-Opener, Nov 8, 2013.

1. flicks

flicks ...lost in the woods....

That is absolutely faboulus Randy! I've never seen such an ornamentation process before. Really stunning work man! Thanks for sharing!

2. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Randy...wow. You should get a medal, your work is so fine you made Dolo speechless for a few, this never happens as I'm kinda loud mouthed. Seriously a cut above.

3. Saderath

Saderath Senior Member

In loss of words! absolutely amazing!

4. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Beautiful!!
    Awesome job and nice vidzz. Thanks for sharing.

5. slingpit

slingpit Slingshot addicted

That .. that is... that is art.
    Wow.

6. LW

LW New Member

That’s definitely one of the nicest slingshots I ever seen. And seeing you shooting with this beauty, complete the picture of a useful and functional object what actually looks like art.

I'm jealous...;)

7. Tremoside

Tremoside SINdustrial designer

Hi Randy,

This piece is really inspiring! Great production and excellent idea.
    I was checking the other forum for this but found no (or missed) info about the clamp system you used here. Nathan has something similar as far as I know. Can you tell me more about your experiences with this band attachment method? For example: Tightened with thumb or used a small wrench or driver? Have you posted photos of the other side of the shooter somewhere else?

Beside all the greatness of this slingshot a nice endcap for the scews/bolt could be a nice touch. ;)

Thank you for posting this here too! Hope you'll share more :).

Bowdown,
    Tremo

8. Can-Opener

Can-Opener New Member

Ergo Bone 1d.jpg (26.2 KB)
    Ergo Bone 2d.jpg (30.6 KB)
    IMG_6000.jpg (21.9 KB)

It is a simple tounge and groove. It can be finger tightened depends on the screw or bolt used and the size. Sometimes I use socket head screws other times phillips head screws. :D

Attached Files:

9. Tremoside

Tremoside SINdustrial designer

Randy, thanks for the images and the info! :)

I criticized Antraxxs Custom "S" slingshot here at this forum. I read through your post at the other forum about that trade and feeling quite bad. Please forgive my criticism as an occupational hazard. Reading through your thoughts about Jen's hard work opened my eyes about take more care.
    Jörg mentioned in one of his videos he's working with minimal tools but not much more. Hope Antraxx reads this post too, if so hope I can smoothin' out that post.

Bests,
    Tremo

10. Can-Opener

Can-Opener New Member

No problem Tremo, I forgive your criticism. If you feel bad about your post in custom "S" you are free to comment there. :) I am happy to own the custom "S" She is a beautiful slingshot but more than that I am happy to make friends by trading slingshots. Learning about the maker is an added bonus to collecting anything hand made. AnTraXx's work is so spectacular that I am sure many people think he has a nice workshop and lots of tools. So isn't it wonderful we all can live and learn.
    Take care
    Randy