the "ALIEN" ...maybe my best untill now?

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by Brazilviking, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

I've been working on this since I joined the forum... Had to rebuild it lots of times, because I often change my mind.....:confused:
    "From the depts ou the outer space..... the ALIEN!!!":eek:
    More updates and pictures as soon as I finish attaching the TBsilver and special pouch!!

Attached Files:

2. mvd

mvd Builds with scrap

That looks really nice, hope it will shoot nice

3. slawek

slawek New Member

Damn looks really nice and powerful :) GOOD JOB!

4. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Realy nice Work and a awsome Look my Friend 1+ :D
    I think it makes a good Job.
    I have made a Slingshot for my Girlfrind with Round handles from a Drill. To shoot over the top like your Alien, and I´am very Satisfied.

5. Awesome look and work!

Great color!

Great materials!

Joe

6. Brazilviking

The metal balls are actually hip prothesis (it has been inside human beings once). The rods are surgical aluminum from external fixator (used as well). I've shaped wood with a dremel and painted it with metal spray ink....10 layers.

7. So some older men or women could not walk cause you have the balls of the hip prothesis is on your slingshot!!! :rolleyes:

Bad boy! :D

Bad boy! :D

Joe

8. Antraxx

Antraxx #7

Looking good. very fitting name :)

9. MaddyMax

MaddyMax New Member

looks funny, very sturdy and ergonomic!

looking forward to the "special pouch".

10. Brazilviking

Actually I had to replace the prothesis due to consume of the components. So they got new ones. One of them is already gone.... Natural causes.

11. Brazilviking

You can use it either ways.... There is no specific frontside or backside!

12. Predator

Predator Junior Member

That's quite the slingshot... and the recycling you're doing.... INSPIRED!

13. Bert the Welder

Bert the Welder New Member

That's beautiful! Real sculpture!! My Dad gave me all the knobs from their kitchen cabinets when they redid their kitchen. They are solid brass balls that have a threaded hole. I was thinking of them for sculptures and the same idea as you. Can't wait to see how you band it up and how it works.
    Be cool to do one with a hip replacement of the type that the end of the femur is sawn off and the ball joint, machined with a 'stake' out one end, is pounded into the end. Don't know if it's still done that way or not.

14. slingpit

slingpit Slingshot addicted

Nice design .It realy looks like an alien.Did you have "contact"to the other aliens?

15. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

Love the paint job! Looking from the shooters angle I can tell you that it is gonna want Big ammo. Good Job!

16. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Nice work and very creative! I think there is going to be a panic when people find out that aliens have landed in Brazil! :D

17. Brazilviking

The hip prothesis haven't changed much since it was created by Charnley. This "steel ball" is the head of the prothesis. The femoral shaft part, that ou call it a "stake" fits in tha hole. Jörg has showed one as a stickshot in that video he made when he hurt his hand. I have some of those, but all in different sizes and materials (titanium, stell, hidroxapatite calcium, tantalum).
    There is another model called "thompson" prothesis that has this big steel head and the "stake" in one single stell piece. Looks a lot like Jörg's zombie hammer.
    I just finished another one that I call "prothetics", with a sholder prothesis on the palmswell and 2 small hip prothesis head (22 mm) on the tip of the steel fork, but I'll give it as a gift o Mr.Arturo (my first PFS, needs a good shooter to have it), so I won't post it untill he recieves it....I don't want to ruin the surprise...

18. Tremoside

Tremoside SINdustrial designer

That's serious :D, Alien(-hunter?)

Excellent idea and fine production. I can also sense a gentle Tesla mood:) with these shiny balls on those rods. I just like the way you combine profession and free-time activity. I met the prosthesis idea during my knife research. Let me share it with you. [​IMG]
    I think your slingshot gonna be awesome! Just waiting for a "how it shoots video"! Maybe with that killer ammo you posted earlier. But please take care of your hands!! It's a destroyer for sure.

Bests, Tremo

19. Brazilviking

The governament has not allowed me o talk about it......:eek:

20. Brazilviking

This is an old model.....can you believe that I have one that is almost like that? Maybe I should send to somebody to turn it into a blade!
    Volunteers?:D