The “Conch-ita” / A simple shot Axiom design

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by LW, Feb 3, 2014.

1. LW

LW New Member

So here is my latest creation I call it The Conch-ita. It is as most of you know a “simple-shot Axiom design” which I like very much.

As I told you guys some time ago, I often found myself on the simple shot website admiring all those beautiful slingshots. Especially the Maxim and the Axiom are my favorites. And you know the tragedy, all those beauties are “sold out”.

But why I am telling you this?

I share this passion with my twin brother and the simple shot slingshots were the slingshot he like the most from the very first moment I tried to infect him with the slingshot bug.

He always wanted a slingshot like the Axiom and as Nathan once told me to help him out…, because of his “sold out” tags (not really, just a funny comment from him) , so I have to do it again. Sorry guys, this one already found its home as a present for my brother. But believe me, it was hard to let her go!!

Conch01.jpg

Co06.jpg

As I am a proud owner of the Scout, I love the “FlipClips” very much. One of the biggest inventions those days for slingshot-convenience. Some days I shoot a lot, and changing the Bands even trying other bands between a shooting sessions is sooo easy. So I have to convert the method to the Axiom. I have first seen this at some slingshot from Can-opener (don’t know if he invent this, so a big credit to the unknown)

Co02.jpg

The clips are made off the same Material as the handle. Lucky me these were remainings from sawing the handle.

Conch04.jpg

As I am not a TTF shooter and my brother neither, I don’t use it in this slingshot. This gives me the ability to lower forks. I also flatten the back off the fork tips, so that there is less stress on the bands when pulling, believe it or not, but I think it gives me more accuracy.

Conch03.jpg

Conch05.jpg

The material is 6 mm Aluminum core, 2 mm brown paper micarta the handle section is Kirinite hard to get in germany, some Aluminum spacers, rosewood inlay, and for the forks olive wood. homemade Aluminum/ brass pins and CA glue finish.

Conch07.jpg

Conch08.jpg

Conch09.jpg

Conch10.jpg

I hope looking at the pictures compensates the amount of text to read, but some things need to be said…;)

A new Creation is already in my head, once again heavy curving, like my last one the “Noble Yew Fork” I hope I can realize some inventions spinning in my head in the next one…:)

I hope you like her as much as I do once again it was hard to let her go…

As always, criticism is welcome, as long it is constructive!​

I have done a big making of, look here
    https://www.theslingshotforum.com/f5/conch-ita-building-lots-pictures-33010/#post258483

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  2. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

I am rarely lost for words but........

I will comment again when I pick my jaw up, amazing!

3. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

Bang!

Well heaven´s gonna burn your eyes..

I´M BLIND! (thank you, LW,- it´s the best way it could be done!)

Be

(This "violin" plays where these queens dwell..)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq0m6MM1I8Y[/ame]

4. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Wow LW, I think Nathan is going to be impressed with your interpretation of the Axiom. Just a stunning piece to behold. I love the lines and the play of the colors and textures. It all came together very well. You strain the limits of my vocabulary to describe such a creation. Very nice sir. You and others here make it very difficult not to break the 10th commandment :)

5. slingshot600

slingshot600 New Member

a model of the slingshots

6. Tysonspapa

Tysonspapa New Member

awesome, thats a impressive slingshot.

7. flicks

flicks ...lost in the woods....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXN1yxax448"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXN1yxax448[/ame]

Seriously - WHAT AN AWESOME SLINGSHOT, DESIGN, CRAFTMANSHIP, MATERIALS AND EVERYTHING!!! That is pure Slingshot art. Time to open up a museum my friend!!!

8. 4foruglenncoco

4foruglenncoco Member

I can't speak :O

Eat, Sleep, Slingshots

9. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

dude i'm drooling over my phone, she is beauty :) :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Slingshot Forum mobile app

10. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

That is simply amazing work my friend! Very impressive.

11. rock slinger

rock slinger I rarely shoot rocks!

Holy poop!!! It is awesome!!!

12. OzzyOsborne

OzzyOsborne New Member

ha, ha!!!!

True; 'we're not worthy, we're not worthy!!!!'

Truly beautiful SS - awesome

13. JohnKrakatoa

JohnKrakatoa Loudest boom on Earth

wtf man this is unreal....wow...kirinite hmm :O Nathan could easily have you as a master craftsman on simple-shot !

14. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

15. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

That is quite the SS there, part of me wants to know how one accomplishes that ...but part of me kinda wants to continue believing it's magic
    I definitely want to know what it's made out of, especially the handle
    It looks to me like smoke rings acrylic pen blank from woodcraft

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  16. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

No. I refuse, flat out deny that you built this sir!
    You somehow dreamed this shooter into being from some magical land, and it manifested itself here before us! What a talent that is to have! I cannot say all the things I want to say LW. I just haven't the adjectives.
    Keep dreaming, we love sharing!

Oh, and since you can bring dreams into flesh it seems, there's this girl I've dreamt about...maybe you can help?:D

17. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

I suddenly feel really small...

-Wild Bill

18. Can-Opener

Can-Opener New Member

Wow! That is a stunner!!!! I really like the build thread also. I can tell you yes I did invent that clamp style I call it my channel lock system. It is open and free for the world to use and I am very happy to see you use it so gracefully. Your work on this slingshot is totally AWESOME!!!!! :D :D :D Makes my mouth water!!!1 Inspiring!!

19. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

Wow. I am in awe of this piece of design, craftsmanship, and photography.

On days like this, I lean back in my chair and think back five years, when I started the hobby. How much the world of slingshots has changed! I am truly grateful to be a witness of this fascinating process.