Thanksgiving Prep- for us USA folk

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by WildBill, Nov 23, 2013.

1. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

This year, I'm making the Thanksgiving meal. I'll be cooking a 20 pound turkey and stuffing it as well. I just took the bread that I'll be stuffing it with out of the oven (photo attached) and, since it made the house smell like fresh bread, both my wife and I had to slice off some of it to snack on. It will be further sliced, mixed with onion, chicken base, garlic and other spices and stuffed into the bird when the big day comes.

I made the cranberry sauce earlier today. It's in the fridge cooling.

On the big day, I'll roast the turkey, make spiced steamed broccoli, green bean casserole, candied yams, mashed potatoes, hot-buttered-rum apple pie and probably a few other things that I forgot to mention. Yes, it' how us Americans do things- cook enough food to feed five times as many people will eat it just to show how stupidly opulent we are. Thus is tradition.

So... what are y'all's Thanksgiving traditions?

-Wild Bill

Attached Files:

2. JohnKrakatoa

JohnKrakatoa Loudest boom on Earth

Sugars(bread and other carbohydrates)eaten together with protein(mainly meat) cause indigestion.. it tastes good but lowers the calorie and nutrition intake. You basically get less from what you eat ... which is a shame.. +farts...:-D I suggest meat with leafy greens salads and such.

Sorry for OT .. I am sure it will be finger licking good since it even reads delicious.

3. WildBill

The audible quality of voluminous passages of gastronomical gases are also a stalwart part of the Thanksgiving tradition. Here, pull my finger...

-Wild Bill

4. pelleteer

pelleteer Middle Aged Delinquent

Nothing fancy for me, just my traditional turkey sandwich, a bottle of cheap champagne, and then sleep for the rest of the day. :D

Back when my grandma was still alive, her Thanksgiving dinners would put 10lbs on me and leave me incapacitated for days.:p Great stuff! :cool:

5. WildBill

If you find yourself in KC next week, come on over- I'll make you even more incapacitated than the rat on the cat's head.

-Wild Bill

6. pelleteer

pelleteer Middle Aged Delinquent