Thanks

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by codido187, Jan 5, 2014.

1. codido187

codido187 New Member

I would like to say thank you to everyone who has given me advice and have inspired me helped me gave me tips materials you guys have truly been good friends and helpful with y'all's expertise

Withak
    Wild bill
    Will
    Taow
    Joerg
    Beaver

2. codido187

codido187 New Member

Oh yeah and thanks for the nasty stories and the cool pics

3. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

No thanks required! I am only too happy to help out a new member!

4. codido187

codido187 New Member

It's been cool getting to know everyone it's like a big family with some members lol

5. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

It really is. I've been on a number of forums in the past. I've never experienced anything quite like what is found here. I came on last year as a newb builder - never having tried to make a slingshot, and folks jumped up to welcome me and encourage me to get going. They answered questions they had probably answered a dozen times before. I participate on a firearms forum where if you ask a question that's already been answered, people call you an idiot or stupid for not looking for that answer in another thread. I really hate that. They don't even think about the fact that their bad attitudes drive people away. But not here. There are kind people here that don't mind answering questions again or pointing a link to where that can be found. It is that kindness that encourages me to try and do the same for new members.

6. codido187

codido187 New Member

I have never been on a forum before till now all of ou guys have been great I've asked people for help and they help me it's beautiful to see nice people for once like you said withak

7. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Perfect post Withak! Ive only been here for a few months but its the most welcome Ive ever been made to feel anywhere online. Falconry forums are some of the most vitriol filled, ego lead places you will ever come across. There is a total lack of that here. People who I was totally in awe of when I joined due to thier building skills, have turned out to be humble, helpful and genuine. That is not something you usually find in this online world full of keyboard warriors.

This spirit, vibe, whatever you want to call it that runs through this forum really is something quite rare on the internet.

8. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

This was my first experience with a forum too there really are lots of great people here

9. codido187

codido187 New Member

There is so many good people on this forum everyone has helped with either with advice or by saying hey ill send you some wood or get I'll make this happen we can trade. And I'll do the same to the new people as well

10. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

This forum is the cyber-equivalent of a neighborhood bar with cheap beer- all the 'locals' come here after a day's work, quaff a few and have good fellowship.

-Wild Bill

11. codido187

codido187 New Member

Ahaha good point wild bill could you pass me a blue ribbon

12. codido187

codido187 New Member

One day I'm going to make good slingshots and everyone who helped me will receive one at a time from me who helped me with ideas supplies and criticism

13. codido187

codido187 New Member

I ImageUploadedBySlingshot Forum1388980305.161838.jpg
    I got your ammo pouch made withak I personally don't like how it came out but it was a guinea pig of design

14. codido187

codido187 New Member

ImageUploadedBySlingshot Forum1388982090.444584.jpg
    The carabeaner will attach to your belt and the paracord will loop through your slingshot

15. codido187

codido187 New Member

ImageUploadedBySlingshot Forum1388982569.019678.jpg
    A few things extra paracord for whatever you would like to do with a little pulley that attaches to your belt that retracts on a chain with some o rings to attach your slingshot for numerous things an ammo pouch and a carabeaner. :) I hope you enjoy

16. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

That's looking really nice. I'm glad you gave that design a try. I'll have your slingshot done by the end of the week. Hopefully you'll like it as it's my first attempt to make something from multiplex. Keep your eyes open for that around the end of the week, then it will be on its way.

17. codido187

codido187 New Member

Thank you the design was something brand new for me to I'm going to find a better method of doing it, it was just a guinea pig and I'm excited to see what it's going to look like both a first for both of us lol