The Slingshot Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
3,613 Posts
You see, right there, there is the problem Dolo!

:)
There's this thing called sarcasm. Example: You are a true friend who never annoys me, I really like you;).
See, sarcasm is when we say something that everyone knows we don't mean in the slightest, much like the above statement.

·
Thread Hijacker
3,375 Posts
Why is it that it seems most everyone who asks hunting questions ends up getting rude so quickly?
And calling names?? I believe the OP should hunt for some intelligence instead of small critters. I'm sure that learning is legal.

·
Premium Member
4,506 Posts
Sounds like someone needs to grow up.

I have nothing against hunting, I've done it a lot with my rifle and shot gun. I'm even okay if someone hunts with a slingshot. The thing with hunting is that the hunter needs to remember that the animal that is being hunted is a living being with as much right to life as the hunter. The hunter needs to respect that, and the animal. No matter the implement used in said hunt; be it firearm, spear, blowgun or slingshot, the hunter must be very proficient in that weapon. The hunter also has the responsibility to ensure a clean, humane kill. Hunting is a way to put meat on the table, not a sport. If you kill it, you better eat it.

I would not dream of hunting with a slingshot as I am no accurate enough with one. Gamekeeper John, on the other and, is a fantastic shot and I'm cool with the fact that he hunts using a slingshot.

Over time I've gotten to know many of the members of this fantastic forum. I've come to learn their opinion of hunting with slingshots, and hunting as a whole.

I was trying to save Cobra from some backlash, but he get it anyway. I would go as far as saying it was deserved. A new member simply does not come onto a forum asking for advice and then proceed to lash out at senior members for giving said advice. That shows immaturity and selfishness. I hope that Cobra can take the lesson he (hopefully) learned here and moves on and becomes a valued member of this fantastic community. If not, I know of another forum based around slingshots that welcome his type.

·
Banned
3,613 Posts
Well said, I believe he'd be a better fit on the forumthatshallnotbenamed as it seems they accept those with cranial rectal insertion. In the words of a sales manager at a car lot I worked at back in the day, "take your head out, it's dark and it stinks."

·
Thread Hijacker
3,453 Posts
Sounds like someone needs to grow up.

I have nothing against hunting, I've done it a lot with my rifle and shot gun. I'm even okay if someone hunts with a slingshot. The thing with hunting is that the hunter needs to remember that the animal that is being hunted is a living being with as much right to life as the hunter. The hunter needs to respect that, and the animal. No matter the implement used in said hunt; be it firearm, spear, blowgun or slingshot, the hunter must be very proficient in that weapon. The hunter also has the responsibility to ensure a clean, humane kill. Hunting is a way to put meat on the table, not a sport. If you kill it, you better eat it.

I would not dream of hunting with a slingshot as I am no accurate enough with one. Gamekeeper John, on the other and, is a fantastic shot and I'm cool with the fact that he hunts using a slingshot.

Over time I've gotten to know many of the members of this fantastic forum. I've come to learn their opinion of hunting with slingshots, and hunting as a whole.

I was trying to save Cobra from some backlash, but he get it anyway. I would go as far as saying it was deserved. A new member simply does not come onto a forum asking for advice and then proceed to lash out at senior members for giving said advice. That shows immaturity and selfishness. I hope that Cobra can take the lesson he (hopefully) learned here and moves on and becomes a valued member of this fantastic community. If not, I know of another forum based around slingshots that welcome his type.
You are a good man, Jeremy. Good heart. I've learned from previous experiences with the onesthatshallnotbenamed that advicing them is pointless.
I hope he commits a mistake and gets banned.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Google is your friend.

Only place I've seen slingshot mentioned was that it along with knives, etc were unlawful to be in your possession at school or other such area (State owned)

Species not protected by law

The following species are not protected by law because they are non-native invasive populations with potential to damage property, pose a human health risk, and have detrimental effects on native wildlife.
House (English) Sparrow
European Starling
Rock Pigeon
Nutria

So those at least should be fair game by any means as I read it. But best to contact your local dept of Fish/game natural resources and be sure.
Slingshot have been a form of providing food for decades. So why is their no real written rule for slingshot hunting and what can be taken with a slingshot. This is a primitive form of hunting and probably the most challenging. Just don't understand why there wouldn't be written rules and regulations. The camaraderie
Google is your friend.

Only place I've seen slingshot mentioned was that it along with knives, etc were unlawful to be in your possession at school or other such area (State owned)

Species not protected by law

The following species are not protected by law because they are non-native invasive populations with potential to damage property, pose a human health risk, and have detrimental effects on native wildlife.
House (English) Sparrow
European Starling
Rock Pigeon
Nutria

So those at least should be fair game by any means as I read it. But best to contact your local dept of Fish/game natural resources and be sure.
Slingshots are old school and respected as a hunting tool. Even in bow hunting the kill might not be as humane as possible. I would love the chance to hunt rabbit, squirrel and birds like the rock pigeons. Slingshot hunting is a primitive form of taking small game but the respect for the challenge is most important. I wish the rules would be more laid out. Slingshots have become popular again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Cobra I don't know what your problem is but Jeremy gave you good advice.
And you went off on him for it.

Well that is going to cost you not just Jeremy, but me.
He was trying to tell you, that the road you were headed down has some big pitfalls, and holes in it.
At that point you'd been given all the help you really needed.

If "You" want to know something, figure it out. If you don't know how, ask. Do so politely and humbly.

But don't expect someone else to do the work for you. It simply does NOT work that way.
No one owes you anything. Certainly not a living, not information, nothing.

You owe Jeremy an apology, and Snader a heart felt thank you.

Listen to these guys and all they have said. Figure out where you made the wrong turn, fix it now. Save yourself a world of pain later.

For me, well I'm done. Much as it pains me I agree with Dolo, a lot of today's youth seem to feel like someone else should give them whatever they want. Not the way it works out here in the real world.
Not all, perhaps not even half of them, but for those that have it not worth the trouble it would take to get them past that mindset.

No one is going to walk up to you and give you a house, a car, enough money to pay the bills and put food on the table, clothing on your back.

It just is not ever going to happen.

If you want those things, then you are going to have to work, and work dang hard to get them.

What this forum does give is the free flow of ideas, of support, a place to meet and greet.
No one has ever been ridiculed for posting his first slingshot here, no matter how humble or how awful the finish. That is not the way these guys roll.

But, no one is going to give you anything for nothing either.

This is perhaps the best community on the entire internet. Hands down, top class, blue ribbon, best of the best of the best. But you have to do your part.
Agree with you! This is perhaps the best community for all shooting & related discussions.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts