The Slingshot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Tennessee is it legal to hunt with a slingshot that has a wrist brace shooting rocks for small game animals. Also do you need any specific license?

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Slingshot Forum mobile app

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
Google is your friend.

Only place I've seen slingshot mentioned was that it along with knives, etc were unlawful to be in your possession at school or other such area (State owned)

Species not protected by law

The following species are not protected by law because they are non-native invasive populations with potential to damage property, pose a human health risk, and have detrimental effects on native wildlife.
House (English) Sparrow
European Starling
Rock Pigeon
Nutria

So those at least should be fair game by any means as I read it. But best to contact your local dept of Fish/game natural resources and be sure.

·
Premium Member
4,506 Posts
Bit of advice: don't post pics on the forum and make DAMN sure you are good enough with the slingshot that you get quick and humane kills. If you can not hit a soda can 10/10 at 20 yards, do not hunt with your slingshot.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Errrrm not what I was asking about. Anyway I'm just a teenage boy trying to learn the hunting laws with a slingshot, and I already have a small game hunting liscence. So if you could stop being suck a jerk, and just try to help me out I would be much obliged.
Thank, Dylan

·
aka Whitehawk!
4,700 Posts
Errrrm not what I was asking about. Anyway I'm just a teenage boy trying to learn the hunting laws with a slingshot, and I already have a small game hunting liscence. So if you could stop being suck a jerk, and just try to help me out I would be much obliged.
Thank, Dylan

First of all, he wasn't being a jerk. Second, he was giving you some helpful advice. This forum has been through the ringer already with young guys coming in and disrespecting things a bit over hunting topics. Posting photos of kills will no doubt set them off - he's giving you helpful advice and trying to make sure you get that.

I would settle your tone down a bit. You're new here and probably should consider why someone posts something like that before you start slinging accusations at a respected member of this forum. There's no reason to get pissed when someone gives you reasonable advice. He's actually trying to warn you before you do something that might get a negative response here.

·
aka Whitehawk!
4,700 Posts

·
2,513 Posts
Yup, falconry is legal in all states except Hawaii as far as I know. There is quite a stringent set of exams and an apprenticeship to go through first though. The US does have a good system to stop the 'Whats the biggest thing I can kill with it mate?' brigade.

·
Banned
3,613 Posts
Trying to understand why cobra_slinger would react like that. Maybe the word "DAMM" is too strong for him? Removing that word could have been better? Cheers!
American teens have such a sense of entitlement that the word no or even the feeling of no really pisses them off, sad state of affairs for our youth. Back in my day, we respected our elders and any advice they had to give us. 'Damn' had nothing to do with it, 'don't' is the evil word to the instant gratification seeking American teen. I pray there's enough decent, educated, and patient parents to turn things around or our country is in for a rude awakening in just a few generations.

My name is Dolo, and I approved this message.

·
Premium Member
4,506 Posts
A lot of teens I know get set off easily. Others are well mannered and pleasant to be around.

+1 to Dolo. I agree 100%.

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
Cobra I don't know what your problem is but Jeremy gave you good advice.
And you went off on him for it.

Well that is going to cost you not just Jeremy, but me.
He was trying to tell you, that the road you were headed down has some big pitfalls, and holes in it.
At that point you'd been given all the help you really needed.

If "You" want to know something, figure it out. If you don't know how, ask. Do so politely and humbly.

But don't expect someone else to do the work for you. It simply does NOT work that way.
No one owes you anything. Certainly not a living, not information, nothing.

You owe Jeremy an apology, and Snader a heart felt thank you.

Listen to these guys and all they have said. Figure out where you made the wrong turn, fix it now. Save yourself a world of pain later.

For me, well I'm done. Much as it pains me I agree with Dolo, a lot of today's youth seem to feel like someone else should give them whatever they want. Not the way it works out here in the real world.
Not all, perhaps not even half of them, but for those that have it not worth the trouble it would take to get them past that mindset.

No one is going to walk up to you and give you a house, a car, enough money to pay the bills and put food on the table, clothing on your back.

It just is not ever going to happen.

If you want those things, then you are going to have to work, and work dang hard to get them.

What this forum does give is the free flow of ideas, of support, a place to meet and greet.
No one has ever been ridiculed for posting his first slingshot here, no matter how humble or how awful the finish. That is not the way these guys roll.

But, no one is going to give you anything for nothing either.

This is perhaps the best community on the entire internet. Hands down, top class, blue ribbon, best of the best of the best. But you have to do your part.

·
2,513 Posts
Credit where its due though, the OP has signed in a few times over the past 24hrs and has been mature enough not to come in all guns blazing. That derserves recognition I reckon.

·
Meh!
1,124 Posts
I agree with both Ghosth and Dolo's thoughts on todays youth, though I wish it was only American teens that were like that (Selfish I know), unfortunately its not just teens, from experience it seems to be anyone who,was born in the nineties (us children of the 80's and earlier seem to be largely unaffected by this).
Still, not true for all but definitely a large percent of them. We do have some very young, talented and respectful members of this forum, I just wish there were more like them, then I wouldnt have such a hard time at work ( senior high school)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts