The Slingshot Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've cut out two taow hammer template a while ago and didn't complete the slingshot as I had and still have no idea how to laminate it.
(This would be my first laminate with more than 2 kind of woods)
So here I am. Sitting with sightly flamey ash, spatled oak, walnut, laburnum, bamboo and plywood.
Do someone have a good Idea of how I should put them together?

·
Administrator
10,889 Posts
Lots of wood glue with the plywood in the center of the sandwich

·
Im from Holland, isnt that weird?
6,001 Posts
As bigdh2000 said, use the plywood as the core and glue everything to it with a liberal amouth of woodglue. I would glue and clamp one piece of wood at the time. For the order of woods and such that is completely up to you!

Tip: sand the wood before glueing and wipe squeezeout away after clamping, this saves time on the cleanup.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As bigdh2000 said, use the plywood as the core and glue everything to it with a liberal amouth of woodglue. I would glue and clamp one piece of wood at the time. For the order of woods and such that is completely up to you!

Tip: sand the wood before glueing and wipe squeezeout away after clamping, this saves time on the cleanup.
Hmmm maybe putting the plywood in the back could look good aswell. And it would still add strenght.
I'll photoshop it and maybe in two or three weeks you'll see it in the show your homemade section :)

·
Premium Member
4,506 Posts
The title suggests you missed having a certain talk with a parent...

·
Registered
12 Posts
EDIT - this post just popped up on the side of my screen - didn't realize it was years old.

As others have said - just shmere some glue on each piece and clamp it up ... as Norm Abram always says - can't have too many clamps ... here's one of my laminated builds

1 - 12 of 12 Posts