Tassie Oak / Black heart Sassafras BB Shooter

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by Obl1v1Aus, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Obl1v1Aus

Obl1v1Aus Meh!

Hi guys, heres one of the projects I've been working on lately.

I decided to make another board cut so I designed this little guy on grid paper with a compass ( i wasn't aiming for it but it resembles a rambone).
    After rounding and sanding. I gave it a BLO treatment and a wax job, I've been too lazy to cut bands for it yet but I don't have any BB's yet either ( hard to find a legitimate reason to own them as air-soft guns are illegal here), once my BB's arrive I have a small sheet of Theraband Red that flicks gave me in the christmas trade that I'll use for bands.

Anyway heres the result

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

When the picture came up I said, "Hey! That's nice!" If you decide to post the template I am sure you will see several more here. Good Job!

3. Obl1v1Aus

Obl1v1Aus Meh!

Thanks Flipgun, I'm glad you like it.
    Making digital copies of my templates is on the list of things to do! I really have to buy a scanner one of these days.

4. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Bro, you serious about airsoft being illegal? And slingshots are legal? Does not compute! Airsoft is made to shoot at people.
    image.jpg
    AM I TAKING CRAZY PILLS?
    Seriously though, that's too bad, Airsoft is hellsa fun.

5. jurassicbark2000

jurassicbark2000 jurassicbark2000

6. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

Nice work! Looks great!

7. Obl1v1Aus

Obl1v1Aus Meh!

As serious as I know how to be.

Our gun laws are really tight, not allowed to own semi-autos unless your a primary producer (i.e farmer or professional roo shooter)
    No handguns unless your part of a pistol club and even then the laws are SUPER strict.
    You need a gun license to own a paintball gun, or air rifle.
    You guys are lucky in some respects with guns, while Americans have the right to bear arms for us it is a privilege that we must prove ourselves worthy of to even be considered for a license, let alone purchasing a firearm. And even then its an arduous process.
    Whoops, that turned into a rant. Sorry bout that

8. buckshot500

buckshot500 Hoonigan Jeeper

There is one thing I feel I want to say about all that, it sucks!:mad:

Something to think about though is that if they require all those strict laws and arduous processes to own a gun, then they are obviously hoping you'll give up before you even get started trying to get a permit or gun.

I say you should take the time, jump through all their hoops and pay the fees to get your licence. Please do take the time to learn gun safety and all the legalities of owning one and using one in the event that you need to defend yourself with a gun.

That said, go join a pistol club and follow those strict laws. You are missing out a world of fun target shooting just because they decided you probably wont want to jump all the hurdles to get there.

Even if you decide to only shoot paintball, that will be YOUR decision.:cool:

9. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Cool shape and great choice of woods. Thumbs up! :)

10. Obl1v1Aus

Obl1v1Aus Meh!

Thanks Buckshot,
    I'm well versed in firearm safety, I grew up with guns and I possess a vary rare thing for most people my age where I am... Common sense!

I'm going through the process of getting my license, once thats approved ( criminal check mostly) I have to sit a day safety course at a range and then I have my license.

Acquiring a firearm, well thats more permit applications. Buying a gun safe ( mandatory) and an ammo safe (also mandatory) making sure the safe weighs more than 150kg empty or it has to be bolted to a structure, etc,etc.

And then legally I cant shoot anywhere unless its private land and I have written permission from the owner. And thats just for a rifle license (of the three or four classes there are). Pistol regulations are a whole different ball game

11. Obl1v1Aus

Obl1v1Aus Meh!

Thanks Scoobs, I have to refine the shape with the next one as its a little uncomfortable for my hands.
    The size is better suited to a child's hands, turns out the 5mm grid paper I printed from the net isn't 5mm in reality (more like 3.2) so its smaller than it should be.

12. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

Hmm I woulda thought they would be more lax on gun control and such down unda'
    Anyway nice slingshot. I know how you feel about unintentionally making it look like a rambone, I feel like all my templates end up looking like something someone already made or looking ridiculous

13. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

The blends between your curves are very elegant. I like your design a lot.
    Lovely woodwork, too. The colors are great.
    Please do put up a drawing after you are satisfied with the shape.

14. Arturo Borquez

Arturo Borquez Administrator

yeah ! sweet shooter Obl1v1Aus ! lovely shape and wood composition ... congrats
    Arturo

15. Obl1v1Aus

Obl1v1Aus Meh!

the rambone is such a good design, so its not so bad that the drawings end up that way. and the old saying goes 'Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery'

thanks Mike, I'm taking a bunch of my templates in to work so i can scan them, and then tidy them up a bit, so I should be posting one soon(ish)

Thanks Arturo!
    given what beauties you achieve with just an angle grinder that means alot:)

16. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

You are good, obl! Nice one! But it can be more than a bb shooter. Give this bad boy some serious bands and ammo!

17. Obl1v1Aus

Obl1v1Aus Meh!

Thanks BV, I might make a slightly bigger version of this for more powerful bands I dont fancy the almighty handslap that would follow a heavy bandset on this wee frame

18. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Nice combi of woods and nice job on the design too.

19. Tubes

Tubes weird kid in the corner

I love that design...but, for safety's sake, please tell me there is pins.

-Tubes

20. Obl1v1Aus

Obl1v1Aus Meh!

No Pins at all.

dont worry though, I test these guys very thoroughly.. It's solid and will only have very light bands on it.

I'm very fond of my vision, and take every precaution.