The Slingshot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
10,888 Posts
Nice slingshot. I trust the competition was excellent as well.

·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your feedback Seppman! It is in Korean. It is: Tae Kwon Do ( Art of using fist and leg).

·
709 Posts
I hate to offer a spelling correction to a nice slingshot like that, but the Korean should read "태권" rather than "태컨".

·
709 Posts
Our official TKD text on the ITF logo.

What did I do wrong? :)

Greetings from Hungary
We are dealing with something very, very strange here. The logo you referred to had a spelling error on it, but the website for the International Taekwondo Federation spells it correctly on their logo!

http://www.itftkd.org/

·
Premium Member
6,102 Posts
We are dealing with something very, very strange here. The logo you referred to had a spelling error on it, but the website for the International Taekwondo Federation spells it correctly on their logo!

http://www.itftkd.org/
I can bearly see any difference! :)
Just that little pin there on the last "letter" is a little longer. That makes it an error already? If so, I should never try to write korean by hand! :)

·
SINdustrial designer
566 Posts
Hi Neighbor!

Nice slingshots you have. Checked out few of your videos. I bet you enjoy making and shooting slingshots :).

Szevasz :)

Mindig örülök, ha látok valakit kis hazánkból. Gratulálok a győztesnek és csak így tovább csúzli fronton :)

Üdv,
Tremo

·
709 Posts
I can bearly see any difference! :)
Just that little pin there on the last "letter" is a little longer. That makes it an error already? If so, I should never try to write korean by hand! :)
The little pin indicates that it's a separate letter. Each block of Korean writing is several letters making a separate syllable: "권" is "k-w-o-n". The first letter, ㄱ (k) appears very stylized in the correct logo, with the second letter ㅜ (w) joined to it. But without that little pin sticking out to the right, it appears to be an entirely different letter, ㅋ (ck), and the syllable reads "컨" (ckun).

It's like the difference between "slingshot" and "slingsoot"

1 - 16 of 16 Posts