Tac-style gloveshot

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by VWscooby, Jan 20, 2014.

1. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

I made this a little while back and realised I hadn't posted any pictures.

Its just a normal gloveshot based on Joergs templates but sprayed black and with a camo wrap on the handle. I got overexcited and didn't rub down the ply particularly well (I didnt have any files at the time so it was a rasp then 80grit paper then spraying) so it looks rough in the pictures....mainly because it is!

I am going to rub it down at some point and redo it when I get time. Ill also add a flashlight and a laser to the bottom too, not because it will do anything but just because it looks cool! :)

Ive replaced the pouch thats on in these pictures, it was only there while my proper laminated one was drying :)

And yes, that is a kevlar motorbike glove Im wearing! Only for the first couple of shots but I thought it was best!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm going to meet the little one after school with these and have some bonding time :)

[​IMG]

Thanks

James

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  2. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

Looks cool! It matches the glove haha

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Slingshot Forum mobile app

3. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Thats what I thought :) I could have worn my boring looking winter gloves but the armoured ones look so much cooler ;)

4. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

The only improvement would be to epoxy the glove to the slingshot, to make it a permanent fixture. I'll be waiting to see that mod ;)

Nice work on this one. Yet another on my ever-growing list of models I'd like to build some day.

5. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Haha, if they weren't £100 ($160) gloves I may consider it! When they have reached the end of their life I may give it a go :)

6. dolomite

dolomite Banned

I'd wear gloves whilst shooting that forth first time as well. I used armoured mechanixwear gloves till I got used to my lil dankung. Cool gloveshot!

7. rock slinger

rock slinger I rarely shoot rocks!

8. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

I like it a lot, man! You managed to make me inspired for it! I'll give a try....

9. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

You know BV, I'd love to see a surgeon-inspired version of the gloveshot - seems right up your alley ;)