"T" like target

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by LW, May 15, 2013.

1. LW

LW New Member

First I like to thank you all for the nice comments concerning my last posted slingshot „The Arc“.
    My only gift to you, are some nice pictures, ideas and some inspiration for building.

So I won’t stop giving you this… :)

Here is my fast weekend project (I thought it would go fast, but I forgot how hard that Bankirai wood is:() but once started, had to be finished.

A nice Target shooter.

Target01.jpg

OK nothing unusual you would say…

target02.jpg

I put a thumb hole direct in the center of the forks.
    Maybe it's imagination, but for me it is easier to aim. And the first results agree with me.

target03.jpg

It is cut out from an old decking

target04.jpg

It is (for me) damn accurate. It is for 10 mm steel ball. As I finished it, I put some bands on, no practice ore nothing, and shoot on a soda can from 5-6 meter (no more place in my workshop:D) 10 shots, 10 hits…:eek:

The idea came to me as I hold another slingshot in my hands and (don´t know why) I just put the thumb in the middle of the forks and I suddenly hit better.

Ok a small disadvantage is the pressure on the thumb. But since it is only for target shooting, these are not strong bands. And if your thumb is tired, you can hold it in the support way.

grip.jpg

It looks strange, but it is still comfortable to hold.

Maybe some of you have a slingshot where you can test it, I would appreciate a feedback whether it can really be an improvement or not.

Thank you for watching, hope you like it...

2. Saderath

Saderath Senior Member

Beautiful work as always!

3. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

Very nice work!! i'll test and see if this style improves my accuracy too tomorrow

4. stej

stej New Member

That's a nice shooter! Every time I see a post from you, I wonder what do you do with sooo many slingshots :)

5. Antraxx

Antraxx #7

Beautil shooter, but a "forkhit" will be a real "killer" :D

6. Schultz

Schultz New Member

I like the look, great work!

7. Thistle

Thistle RESIGNED

I think it's beautiful! I hope you continue showing us your stuff. It's on my top ten list of stuff to look for when I log in. YOU are inspiring! Impressive shooting too. 10 out of 10!

But knowing me, if I stuck my thumb up in the middle like that, I'd probably lose part of it. [​IMG] Maybe with pickle fork style shooting -- a twist and major 'tweak' perhaps? To ensure that the ball goes flying well over the top.

You might have to give me lessons first. [​IMG]

8. Maulwurfsurfer

Maulwurfsurfer Junior Member

This is a very beautiful Slingshot. Like the smooth surface and the color of the wood.

I think about making a very small ss with your thumb technique since the thumb is very strong. Not for daily shooting more as a fun slingshot.

Keep it up

9. Skorps

Skorps Senior Member

You make so much beautys!! I´ll allways hope you finished a new one when I login! :)

10. Courier

Courier Senior Member

Awesome slingshot!
    I'm shooting my pfs shooters with the "thumb-technique". It works just fine.
    Well done again, LW. :)

11. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

That' s just beautiful, that wood is so nice and the shape is awesome. I would like to make a screen saver with all those great slingshots of yours, so, don' t stop making them until i got enough pictures( i think hundred would be a good beginning) :). About the thumb support shootin' style, i use it with my PFS Tourtel Bottle Opener. It is the only way to shoot with it. At the beginning i shot my thumb with a rock,... man,... that was painful!!! 10 minutes later i was back shootin' twisting the pouch. Never had a thumb hit from then and i am deadly accurate with it. Thank you for sharing those beauties with us.

Last edited: May 16, 2013