Supersize "can cut" with cube ammo

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Slagskimmer Mike, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

It only took me three months, but I finally cut my first "can":
    227.jpg

Its the back of a dead steel folding chair:)

The steel is only .026 inch thick, with most of the shots from about 10 meters.

From the poor backstop you can see I miss a lot.
    231.jpg

Whenever the rest of my ss are down for repair my W frame bands still hold strong.

Using triple TBG at only 3.25 X elongation makes the bands last reeealy long.
    (It also helps me draw the thing--I am not Tobias or Joerg, but it is easier to pull each week.:p)

The rubber was calculated for the 53gram steel cubes, with minimal taper and then made a bit longer.

I love the feeling of being in "the zone" and watching ammo hit the spot I was focused on.

2. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

A c a n?

Sure you cut a "CAN" or was it an Oven Or Fridge?

Naughty, naughty boy !! :)

..I like that!

3. Arturo Borquez

Arturo Borquez Administrator

very nasty ammo ... congrats !
    Cheers
    Arturo

4. LW

LW New Member

this ammunition scares me, your target looks like a part of a car door, behind which I do not want to sit when you shoot your ammunition... :D

frightening...:eek:

5. BrPio

BrPio .

You have convinced me! I must make some cube ammo.

6. dolomite

dolomite Banned

slagskimmer, you did some Vandamage with those cubes. a fork hit would be scary shart.

7. slingpit

slingpit Slingshot addicted

Are you crazy? Next time you are cutting a gas bottle.:rolleyes:

8. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

Great job! By all means those are some strong bands. Are you going full butterfly with them?

9. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

Man, poor can :p this ammo sure is scary!

10. CEZ

CEZ New Member

That is impressive!

Funny thing with that thera band elongation, 3.25x looks just right in this case.

How do you cut your ammo so straight? I have tried doing that with my angle grinder but it's not nice as yours.

11. Bighaze51

Bighaze51 Professional Amateur Dude

That's pretty serious. I like it!

12. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

Thank you all for the encouraging words.

My anchor point with the W has settled in at just about my shoulder. Draw was 39inches best I could measure.(990mm) Bands are 12 inches long (305mm) without pouch attatchment.

I use a thick salvaged snowboot top laced over the back of my hand now always with this ammo.

They came out so square because I cheated!:D

The cubes were done on a vertical millling machine, sidemilled with old end mills that have the tips ruined.
    I resharpen the cube edges sometimes on a belt sander, so they get slightly tapered (picture a rugby ball with the ends sawed off--but cubed instead of round, and not so extreme).

After getting a nice little scar on my hand from this setup I hooked it to the end of a 2X2inch board for a while. I missed shooting it by hand though, but I learned to put it away if I don't feel focused and shoot pencil erasers with a much humbler ss.

13. CEZ

CEZ New Member

You hit your hand with that cube ammo? Sorry to hear that.. but now I really have to see a photo!

Anyway, I also have a beltsander, didn't think of that:D Thanks!

14. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Those cubes are looking very, very dangerous. I very, very love it!!!
    I wonder if it fly straight and if it' s accurate as spherical ammo?
    Thanks for sharing sir!