strength of kangaroo leather

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by meeeee!, Nov 24, 2012.

1. CEZ

CEZ New Member

Absolutely fine for me, I was looking for small quantities anyway. Also have I mentioned how awesome other materials they have?

2. zwillie

zwillie New Member

Hi CEZ,<br>the shop sell very good tools.<br>If you really want to shoot 25mm steel, the weight of the ammo is about 63g!! I think the weight of the pouch is less important.<br>A thick peace of normal leather should work as well.<br>The strength of thin kangaroo leather is an advantage when shooting light ammo to get more energy in the ammo.<br>Zwillie

3. mhpr262

mhpr262 Member

Yes , I shoot 8mm steel and 7mm lead with perfectly ordinary leather pouches and it works just fine. If the leather is too soft and thin it is not suitable for pouches either.

4. CEZ

CEZ New Member

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0" border="0" align="center">
    <tr><td><span class="genmed"><b>zwillie wrote:</b></span></td></tr>
    <tr><td class="quote">Hi CEZ,<br>the shop sell very good tools.<br>If you really want to shoot 25mm steel, the weight of the ammo is about 63g!! I think the weight of the pouch is less important.<br>A thick peace of normal leather should work as well.<br>The strength of thin kangaroo leather is an advantage when shooting light ammo to get more energy in the ammo.<br>Zwillie</td></tr>
    </table>
    <span class="postbody"><br>I'm aware of that, I doubt I would have the strength for 25mm steel anyway, just wanted to know how much can the leather stand on a real test. <br>I like 11-14mm steel and lead and that's probably what I would use it for. Unfortunately all I have right now is 2mm thick pig skin, I don't have good feeling of the ammo in the pouch and handslaps hurt like hell! I tried rubbing down the thickness with sandpaper to 1.5mm but the pouches don't last long.</span>