Sting-ray and his brother

Discussion in 'Knives, Swords, and other bladed weapons' started by xXdoomXx, Jan 2, 2014.

1. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

Hello guys and galls,

Me and my friend found some old metal from a crossbows bow so to say. It had al rusted and we think it is either iron or steel and rasor sharp we cut a paper easily. The grip is made of two para cords "fused" together. We also added chirping for better grip. These are our first knife so they are not perfect.

Here are some pics

ImageUploadedBySlingshot Forum1388693048.553166.jpg

ImageUploadedBySlingshot Forum1388693094.138433.jpg

J and Finn
    We need feedback!!! Thanks

2. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Looks like a good start and that's all I'll say. I'm not a knife builder, so I'll let those with such experience give the advice.

3. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

I´m with Withak on those two. Good work for first steps!

4. xXdoomXx

We need feedback !!!!!!!!

J and Finn

5. Achso_42

Achso_42 Senior Member

The knifes look good, only the paracord makes me cry...

6. xXdoomXx

I guess no one likes it :(

J

7. Ghosth

Ghosth Over the hill but still swinging!

I think it is an excellent start.

However, if you were looking for advice? A point can be handy.

Personally for bushcraft or camping, hunting or general living wild I prefer a slight drop point. In that the tip is slightly lower than the back edge of the blade.

Considering the source I'd say that is high carbon steel and should take a very nice edge and hold it well.

Don't give up!

A master is someone who can take a job which is incredibly hard to do right, and make it look easy.
    An apprentice is someone who can take a job which with a bit of attention isn't that hard and make it look incredibly difficult.

Any and all knife work that I've ever seen, even just sharpening a blade, takes time and skill.

I spent hours when I was your age putting a razor edge on an old silver handled butter knife.

So off to a great start, but you have much to learn to become a master. (This coming from a jack of all trades master of none)