Still workin' on it...

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by WildBill, Feb 13, 2014.

1. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

It finally got above freezing today, and it was still bright and comparatively warm when I got home, so I was able to get some work done on my #5. I have the basic shape of the thing done, but I still have some 'artistic' work to do on the forks and also the base of the grip. But I didn't want y'all to think that I forgot how to carve slingshots so here's the progress thus far. If all goes well, I hope to complete it next weekend.

-Wild Bill

Attached Files:

2. sonnyboy204

sonnyboy204 Target Misser

It's taking a nice shape! Excited!

3. buckshot500

buckshot500 Hoonigan Jeeper

That looks real nice. I have to get busy on my natural fork soon. Had a few days off, but didn't want to risk a need for an ambulance that couldn't get here due to the weather and road conditions. Maybe this weekend.

4. WildBill

I'm not using any power tools, just rasps- so I'd have to get real stupid to need an ambulance. But yeah, the weather has been real kooky all over the place as of late so I don't blame you.

-Wild Bill

5. rock slinger

rock slinger I rarely shoot rocks!

6. 4foruglenncoco

4foruglenncoco Member

Nice!!!!! Looks like an ergo

Eat, Sleep, Slingshots

7. PickleForker

PickleForker New Member

I like it. When are you going to make a pfs?

-PickleForker

8. Bushmaster

Bushmaster New Member

I like the varying girth of the forks. Also their curves have a musical instrument look. It'll be great to see I cut down and shined up. Whatever you do to the fork tops you could do to the grip pommel maybe?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  9. WildBill

Well, I wanted the form of the thing to have something of a sinuous feel to it. This is because this particular fork is going to BV, and the fork ends, as well as the grip base, will be carved to resemble the ends of femurs. Yes, this is 'Dem Bones', in the larval stage. I will not post any more pics of this- Dr. Raul will have the honors from here.

-Wild Bill