Steampunk?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BrPio, Oct 5, 2013.

1. BrPio

BrPio .

I was just curious if any of y'all are into Steampunk. In the state where I live there are parts that seem to be stuck in the 1800s wild west, so Steampunk is not out of place here. As for me I'm mostly into the leatherwork, inventing, building, and creating (working) alternative weaponry. And not to mention, rubber based slingshots were a product of the late Victorian era. :D

2. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

Ehhh, I don't really care for it. I did briefly at one time. Though it does look nice.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013

3. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

4. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

While I don't build anything steampunk nor do I participate in their events, I have seen some amazing steampunk creations that are real works of art. There are some really creative people out there. I'd love to see a steampunk slingshot.

5. zwillie

zwillie New Member

We had a guy from Russia here who made wonderfull "things" in this style.
    Can`t find the link. I love this style because I read all the books of Jules Verne when I was young.
    Seems that my workshop from 1922 is also Steampunk :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Zwillie

6. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

i don't really do anything with it but i do like it!

7. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

What is "steampunk"????

8. Brazilviking

Oh!!! Holy wikipedia...that will smith's "wild wild west" and rocketeer stuff...That is nice! Can't imagine how to do anything on that stylae.

9. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

Agh sometimes I don't even know what goes through that demented mind of yours you fakevikingthat'sabrazilliandoctorthing. (sound familiar) To all seriousness, is steampunk not popular in Brazil? It's hard not to see evidence of it in America sometimes.

10. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Love old machinery like that Zwillie! That stuff is so cool, it would be fun to own a piece of equipment like that.

11. mvd

mvd Builds with scrap

Oh boy thats gonna create some fallout.........poor you

12. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

Quit!

Hey Wanimator,

whatever it is that makes you try to throw human debris into
    that fan, you ought to quit! Seriously!

Stop taking it, whatever it is! ( I like weird humour!- but yours
    is so square-ironic, that i can´t manage to find any warmth
    and frienship at all in it )

Do you mean to act like that? - Or is it Jägermeister pulling your
    strings?

And your spelling is bad, too for it is:

Crazy!favouritevikingthat'sabrazilliandoctorBADASSthing

ain´t it? :)

13. shadows

shadows New Member

Steam punk slingshot

14. BrPio

BrPio .

I'm also thinking of all those rubber powered inventions JoergeS has created, like the sling X bull pup. So many ideas. The possibilities are endless.

15. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

That's what BV did to me but to him. It was irrelevant and weird.

16. Brazilviking

Wanimator....kiddo...... Little boy.......baby.......diaper user.
    I don't think I need to say anything in answer to your stupid post because it seems that I have some nice friends that act in my defense without a second thought (something that you will never have around here because you are a disgusting person)
    About the word combination to define me.....
    "Fake viking"....vikings does not exist in our times..... They were the people that became the danish, sweden and norweian today....my mother grandparents are danish....somehow maybe I have some viking blood. Talking about fake.....you are on the slingshot channel forum and don't like or value slingshots. You claim yourself to be a swordmaker (which obviously you don't have any capacity of create....)ok you cut cans and call them swords, I respect child's imagination, but those are not and will neve be swords. If I'm fake....you just does not exist.
    "Brazilian" . Yes! Very proud of it! Not proud of the corrupt governament that we have or our other "third world" problems. But I love my country.
    "Doctor thing"- I'm a doctor. I've been for 6 years in the medical college for that. 3 years on the orthopaedic specializaion, graduated as ortopaedic surgeon being number 7 in classification among 2000 other candidates. After that I've beated other 37 candidates to a 1 person chance to specialization on ilizarov's method, bone reconstruction. Learned this for 4 years, and I've been 6 month's in Italy learning with the master Maurizio Catagni, the man who evolved this method as kwown. I've been called to many private hospitals and medical centers around here, with a amazingly high salary proposal. I've chosen to reamin in public hospitals and help needed people. The federal university of São Paulo wanted to fire my teacher and hire me instead. I said no, and if they fire him I would leave as well. It is called loyality. Friendship. Passion, love. So....if thing qualify all of these....then I'm a thing.
    What have you done to help people? What have you created? What did you sacrifice yourself for?
    I've received a lot of packages on the mail today.....chile, germany, greece and earlier, USA.
    All gifts. Things that I've never asked for. Sent just by friendship. What have you received untill now...since we are members almost for the same time?
    THIS IS WHAT I'VE BROUGHT TO MYSELF. AND ALL THE NAMES, OFFENSES AND IGNORES IS WHAT YOU BRING TO YOURSELF.

17. Brazilviking

Oh! And. Before I forget, we don't have the steampunk here.

18. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Wanimator, I've kept back from discussions between yourself and a number of other folks on this board for a while now as I was newer here at the time. I've learned you have a history with people that has made a lot of folks rather upset with you. I don't know if it's because you enjoy it, simply because you can do this with the anonymity that the internet provides. But as I've had a chance to get to know the people on this board, I've noticed a rather common thread among most of them - a collective respect for each other, for the work they do. They take the time to give a praise when people post their work, and they do so without undo criticism or without trying to claim they can do better.

As I've watched your posts, I see some things missing: I don't see a lot of praise for the work of others. I don't see encouragement of the work of others. And I don't see you displaying your own work - this is a slingshot forum - you've clearly shown your preference for swords and blades, so I have to wonder, why come here and cause trouble? I suspect you are a young man as your actions indicate to me you have some things to learn about life. I've seen some of the chastisement you've received from the members here, and there are some good suggestions you would do well to follow.

You've insulted people such as BV, Dolomite, Thistle and others who have been kind and welcoming to me here. And I am having a hard time keeping quiet in the wake of this. This is not a good way to develop as a person. If you plan to stay here, then take a cue from other's posts - be kind, offer encouragement, give praise, and if you think you can do better, either keep your claim quiet, or show everyone. Let others put you on a pedestal if you deserve it, don't climb up and claim that position for yourself. If you can't do this, then I'm sure there are plenty of other forums where you would be welcome. You and I have not exchanged words or insults and I prefer to keep it that way. Consider this a piece of unsolicited advice, take or leave it. But I would say, if you have any doubt about this advice, look at the kind of friendships others have shared here. BV talked about the packages he received. I've exchanged one so far myself and will be doing another one with someone here shortly. You can learn something from these people. Try watching and learning from their example.

19. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

So this comes out of me imitating a post you directed at me?

20. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

I want to have a peaceful time. But I just have a hard time. I'm a lot better than I am acting. I really just have a lot on my plates and I value this forum very much. So dropping it is hard. I am sorry that my stress is forming my behavior and habits.