Steam Bone

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by Bushmaster, Nov 23, 2013.

1. Bushmaster

Bushmaster New Member

This is my impression of the slingshot Atremus Gordon would have carried in the 1960's American TV series, The Wild, Wild West. All of the parts are off the shelf but it still was a long process of drilling, epoxying and assembling. It became a weapon of mass construction! I'm going to have a shoemaker sew "D" rings to the pouch and attach them to the bands with leather constricted knots. Hope like my steam punk shooter!

Attached Files:

2. Moin moin

Haha ... horny!
    Made of copper pipe I have already built what, my first true .....

But in between the wood and the clinch ..... great!

-

Haha ... geil!!!
    Aus Kupferrohr habe ich auch schon welche gebaut, wahren meine ersten.....

Aber das mit dem Holz dazwischen, und der vernietung ..... toll!!!

3. JohnKrakatoa

JohnKrakatoa Loudest boom on Earth

very very nice man. This is steampunk look. Well done. I gather its for tubes? Or why are there the screws through the tops of the fork?

the fork is top notch and the handle is beautifuly centered.

4. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

Nice! I like the dark wood / shiny copper look a lot. Steampunk rocks!

5. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

Very awesome!

6. beaverIII73

beaverIII73 Junior Member

That's Shooter is B/A

7. Skorps

Skorps Senior Member

That SS is so cool and perfectly in the theme!! Realy nice idea and great work

8. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

awesome work!!

9. LKH9

LKH9 New Member

One of a kind slingshot.

Is the band going to be attached by tying it on the screws and go over the top?

10. Bushmaster

Bushmaster New Member

The tubes will push on to the brass ribbed gas pipe fittings. I'll put a couple of constrickter knots on there just to be sure. My favorite part was putting the peep sight on...it's a brass compression fitting for copper tubing. Thanks for all the comments! This is a great site!

Attached Files:

11. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

12. Can-Opener

Can-Opener New Member

Very Nice! Way to go!

13. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Nice work! I really like this. The peep sight is a great addition. I like all the brass tacks/caps and copper mixed together. Well done.

14. Lacumo

Lacumo Member

I don’t think you’ll ever experience a thumb strike with that one!

Since you're obviously good at getting “into character” and doing theme slingshots, you should try some others. I haven’t been around here too long, so I don’t know if anybody’s already done any of these (??), but how about-- 1-from Star Trek- Borg, Romulan and Kilngon slingshots; 2-Harry Potter’s slingshot; 3-Dr Who’s slingshot; 4- Barrack O’Bama’s National Security Slingshot, etc, etc… The possibilities are endless!

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  15. Bushmaster

Bushmaster New Member

Thank you, good idea... Here is a fork I just finished for my Superman themed slingshot! Needs bands but I think it turned out pretty good. Natural finish brought out the veins nicely.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  16. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

rotflmao!

:d :d :d

17. Lacumo

Lacumo Member

Be careful with that Superman sling. It looks like the forks might snap in a nasty way if you banded them too heavily and pulled them the wrong way.

I’ve used my own version of that one (I called mine “Richard Nixon”), but only with one single office band and only to launch paper clips.

18. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

I have a themed slingshot blue-prints I drew up over the weekend when I was sick (it's amazing how this hobby consumes all free time, even when I can't shoot or build slings I still end up designing them :D) I won't say too much because I haven't started it yet because I'm working on another natural, that will hopefully be better then my last one. Here are your hints, "Justified" (the show) Clint Eastwood, and it involves the avatar of one of our longstanding members.