Started a starship

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by rock slinger, Sep 25, 2013.

1. rock slinger

rock slinger I rarely shoot rocks!

I wanted a short extension. So that it woul be manageable. So here it is. I will post more pics when it is finished.

Attached Files:

2. AngelicScars

AngelicScars MILF of the board

3. Cadman

Cadman New Member

Can anybody really hit something with these? I am much better with my standard slingshots.
    Brian

4. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

nice and simple!

@cadman, when you're used to them they'll shoot just like any other slingshot!

5. CEZ

CEZ New Member

Looks good to me, have fun:)

@cadman, Yes, I'm pretty accurate with my starship. I can actually aim through it when shooting butterfly thanks to the extension, which is not the case with a regular slingshot.

6. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

Can't wait to see the finished product.

7. artons

artons New Member

8. KnuckieG

KnuckieG New Member

Hey fantastic mate!!! What are your measurements? Do you think you'll need a counterweight or is it manageable?

Cadman they can be accurate but like in Archery you need to "Tune" into shots with an extension on the forks it's easy to overcompensate left/right but balance is also a huge issue with Starships. Imagine your fist is the bullseye centre of a target the further you go away from your hand in any direction you MULTIPLY problems. So Boardcuts are least problematic but Starships are total nightmares to get right. Personally I don't think I could control shots with over 12" extension. The rewards are great though!!

And taking shots can be er interesting with loooong bands and low forks return to sender shots and fork hits happen. Ask my doorframe lol! I turn the pouch around ^ not < > so when pulled the bands form a "V" so that solved the problem.

9. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

Nice work.

Let us know when you get this tuned up:)

10. rock slinger

It is a ten inch extension(25 cm). Should not. Need counter weight.

11. rock slinger

I am really realizing how ugly this thing is. I don't like the double layer of wood. The dowel makes a bad grip because it is not angled and the metal forks look un proprtunate. So this will be finish and given to a friend(he does the best camp jobs ever), and then I shall build starship 2.0 Saturday. In the next model I believe that the flaws will be gone.

12. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

First, about the double layer wood, you still can shape it like a shotgun handle( reload). The dowel, ... well, i' d take a piece of threaded rod and squeeze some fimo and bake it.
    That "Star cheap" is awesome, simple but..... awesome!!