The Slingshot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is an ambitious project so I really can't see it happening, but I'll post it as mostly "entertainment."

When I first saw NotLD as a kid, I thought: "Why, not run upstairs instead of down into the cellar?" You knock out a half-dozen steps leading up and you're safe from the undead.

My idea is a staircase mod built into an existing structure that you plan to occupy. I'd like to see a crossbow slingshot design built into a staircase. When the undead pile onto the stairs you release a band powered - sheet metal blade the same width as the SC, a battering ram (blunt) or something in-between? Who knows. The force should destroy whatever is climbing your stairs. Then, the device is winched into reset mode or powered into reset by small motor/gear rig. The SC itself would provide all the framework of the crossbow and tracks would guide it down the stairs at a set height. Shooting it down the stairs really. Ideally, anything that was on the stairs would have been cut in half or blown back enough to allow the mechanism to reset itself.

Surely bodies would pile up after a few firings, but I didn't suggest it was perfect. You could theoretically, keep mowing down undead indefinitely.

It's probably still better to knock out a few steps and just holdout that way. :p

·
Premium Member
2,201 Posts
Need a trap door in the floor at the bottom. Have the stair treads pivot flat, like you see in cartoons. Zombies slide to the bottom, into the trap door. Down onto a conveyor belt that feeds them into a high efficiency furnace. Bye-bye thread and you get a heat/power source!

·
Registered
106 Posts
fun idea. though... having a blade or saw swing out might be more effective. a gun/bolt/projective weapon would be unecessary and kinda wasteful in that situation.
Cool! But... you'd run out of resources at that rate.

If there were a zombie apocolypse I would probably become an eskimo. That seems like the most effective way to avoid zombies- go somewhere where they are rendered totally unaffective/die. Zombies aren't smart. You could use mirrors or puzzles to end them.

This is what I'd do. Id go far off and find myself a nice chunk of ice I could ice-fish off of.
The only way to get onto the island/glacier without falling in the freezing water would be to either sorta climb across the cable or use some tools to cross the cable (two hooks with handles? i might also use them to carve up and hang meat). I'd have almost everything I need on the island itself so I would rarely even bother.
If any undead somehow magically made it... their heads would adorn pikes along the edge of my island.

·
Premium Member
3,195 Posts
fun idea. though... having a blade or saw swing out might be more effective. a gun/bolt/projective weapon would be unecessary and kinda wasteful in that situation.
Cool! But... you'd run out of resources at that rate.

If there were a zombie apocolypse I would probably become an eskimo. That seems like the most effective way to avoid zombies- go somewhere where they are rendered totally unaffective/die. Zombies aren't smart. You could use mirrors or puzzles to end them.

This is what I'd do. Id go far off and find myself a nice chunk of ice I could ice-fish off of.
The only way to get onto the island/glacier without falling in the freezing water would be to either sorta climb across the cable or use some tools to cross the cable (two hooks with handles? i might also use them to carve up and hang meat). I'd have almost everything I need on the island itself so I would rarely even bother.
If any undead somehow magically made it... their heads would adorn pikes along the edge of my island.
thats quite a picture... looks like the illustrations i see in newspaper comics...

im impressed

·
Registered
106 Posts

·
The Evil Genious
2,028 Posts
Hehe
The idea is not bad but if the walking dead knows you are in there they will go into the water and contaminate it and if you run out of food you can't get out on the land next to you because there are zombies everywhere
Like in resident evil

1 - 8 of 8 Posts